STRING LENGTH CALCULATOR page 4
bRAESlets
Professional
bRAESlets
3 years, 3 months ago by bRAESlets
I would like to test this out on pattern number #25381 with a loop and that knotted length would be 5 1/2 inches including triangle ends. This is such a cool idea I would love for it to be put on the site.
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
3 years, 3 months ago by Odanak1811
bRAESlets Pattern #25381 uses the same amount of each color, so for 5 1/2 inch with a loop all string will be 62 inch (and a little bit longer for the string(s) that do the loop)
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 3 months ago by oceanknot
@bRAESlets ^ I think @Odanak1811 tagged you wrong by accident, so I just wanted to make sure that you saw it.
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@oceanknot Oh I didn't notice! Thank you!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
No problem! This seems like a cool idea and I’ve been wanting to try out, but I don’t have a pattern I want to make yet
bRAESlets
Professional
bRAESlets
@oceanknot thank you!
bRAESlets
Professional
bRAESlets
@Odanak1811 thank you so much!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
@bRAESlets No problem!
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@ohdang @eva-seria @_Cheese_ @Vivi07 @CakeCup @Knots_EM
Just wanted to check with you if you have any feedback so far 🙂
Vivi07
Bracelet King
Vivi07
3 years, 3 months ago by Vivi07
I’m planning on starting the pattern soon, so should be done in the next couple of days, as i needed to finish a couple other patterns that were gifts first (:
CakeCup
Bracelet King
CakeCup
3 years, 3 months ago by CakeCup
i just started my pattern yesterday! I should be done by Wednesday of next week!
Knots_EM
Bracelet King
Knots_EM
3 years, 3 months ago by Knots_EM
Hi. I have just started my bracelet so I don't have much feedback however I will try and complete it and give feedback ASAP 🙂
Ciao
Bracelet King
Ciao
3 years, 3 months ago by Ciao
If you don't mind me asking, what is the formula?
_Cheese_
Bracelet King
_Cheese_
3 years, 3 months ago by _Cheese_
Hi!
I finished the bracelet (my most recent photo) and it was great! 😄 👍
It was just that the E string was just a bit short to finish the twisted tie, after getting 5 inches of the bracelet I had about around an inch of the E string left.
eva-seria
Bracelet King
eva-seria
3 years, 3 months ago by eva-seria
I had to stop mine for non string length calculator reasons, but it was working while I was using it, didn’t feel like I was running out of outline thread.
eva-seria
Bracelet King
eva-seria
Can I request a different pattern? I’m kinda burnt out on this one
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@_Cheese_ Thank you for the feedback! The reason why the E string was a bit short when you finished is because you made the beginning part (in which the E strings make a lot of knots) almost 3 times in your pattern but the rest of the pattern (in which the E strings make almost no knots) only twice. The formula calculates the mean % of knots that a color makes in the entire pattern so because you made the beginning part a bit more, it used more E string than the formula anticipated 🙂
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@eva-seria Yeah sure!

@Ciao I don't mind sharing it but it would be really complicated to explain and if I just share the final formula it would be impossible to understand what it is... But I thought about doing a pdf that explains how it works someday 🙂
_Cheese_
Bracelet King
_Cheese_
3 years, 3 months ago by _Cheese_
@Odanak1811 Ooooo okay!
eva-seria
Bracelet King
eva-seria
Thanks so much! #74376