STRING LENGTH CALCULATOR page 5
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
3 years, 3 months ago by Odanak1811
@eva-seria For pattern #74376, 6 1/8 inch long with a loop, here are the lengths :
A : 80 inch
B : 67 inch
C : 69 inch
D : 47 inch
*Don't forget to cut the strings that does the knots in the loop a little bit longer!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 3 months ago by oceanknot
I would like to try with #52674

- Loop
- 5 inches of knotted part
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
By the way, I plan on using craft cord, but you said the formula was made for regular sized embroidery floss, so I don’t know if that would change anything
eva-seria
Bracelet King
eva-seria
3 years, 3 months ago by eva-seria
Sorry I’m responding late but thanks!
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@oceanknot I didn't think about that but the algorithm might not work as well with shaped patterns, and yours seems to be the kind that wouldn't work very well, but thanks for asking for this pattern because now I know I'll have to specify it with the formula.
Also, you can choose another pattern and if you want to do it with craft cord, this will be a good occasion to see if the algorithm works with that kind of string 🙂
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
That’s okay, I’ll just try with the original pattern I chose if you’re okay with that. If the strings end up being too short, I can replace them. If the strings are too long, that’s fine as well.
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@oceanknot But the problem is that it won't help me test the formula, and because it's not automatized yet I have to manually calculate the lengths. So I would prefer that you use another pattern if you want to test it (I already have a lot of people who test it so it's not necessary), but I would estimate the length necessary for pattern #52674 to be around 58 inch per string 🙂
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
Oh okay. If it won’t actually help you test the formula, then I think I’ll just cut my strings the same length that I normally would. I still really appreciate the time you took to help me though. Maybe another time we can test the formula out with craft cord and a non-shaped normal pattern.
knotnormal
Bracelet King
knotnormal
3 years, 3 months ago by knotnormal
#25054, loops and twisted/braided ties, 5-6 inches
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@knotnormal I'm sorry, I have a lot of exams this week so I won't really have the time for now to calculate it, but if you still want it when I finishes my exams I'll calculate it for you 🙂
malaika04
Professional
malaika04
3 years, 3 months ago by malaika04
#23580 im gonna do braided ends on both sides so how long would the strings need to be for each one
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@malaika04 Like I said to knotnormal, I won't have time this week because I have a lot of exams so I'll calculate it after that if you still want it.
Godluvsu
Bracelet King
Godluvsu
3 years, 2 months ago by Godluvsu
This is really cool, I’m happy to wait for as long as you need to reply, and for pattern:
Godluvsu
Bracelet King
Godluvsu
Godluvsu
Bracelet King
Godluvsu
Oops, I sent it to early. I will be using twisted ties,and the knotted part will be
Godluvsu
Bracelet King
Godluvsu
5 inches 😂
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 2 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
#28009 please! 5 1/2 inches long +loop and twisted ties(2 1/2 inches) so 8 inches altogether
minutcraft
Bracelet King
minutcraft
3 years, 2 months ago by minutcraft
This thread should be pinned. I wish there was some way to track/follow specific forum threads too!
Smooshy
Bracelet King
Smooshy
3 years, 2 months ago by Smooshy
#24520 (dovetail)
With a teardrop loop and triangle ends at the top
Smooshy
Bracelet King
Smooshy
3 years, 2 months ago by Smooshy
Also I’m just using wool.