STRING LENGTH CALCULATOR
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
3 years, 2 months ago by Odanak1811
Hello everyone!
I recently finished working on a formula that calculates the string length necessary for each color on normal patterns. The algorithm was made for normal size embroidery floss, it works with braided/twisted ties and loops and works with various bracelet lengths (I made it based on my 15cm long bracelets so similar length bracelets are more likely to have more accurate results).
I shared it with @Admin and he would really like to eventually add something like that to braceletbook but it needs to be tested by more people before, so if anyone here wants to test it, I would greatly appreciate it!

If you want to participate, here are the informations that you should put in your reply to this topic :
1. Choose a normal pattern that you want to use to test the algorithm OR you can ask me to choose a pattern for you.
2. Tell me if you use loops or braided/twisted ties.
3. Tell me how long the knotted part of your bracelet will be (if you do triangle ends include them in the length).

I will answer saying the length you'll need for each color. The lengths include the length needed for the knotted parts +40cm added (20cm for the ties on each side of the bracelet).

Then you only have to do the bracelet using these lengths and give me your feedback on it.

I hope many of you will participate! 😄
- Odanak1811
Andyish
Bracelet King
Andyish
3 years, 2 months ago by Andyish
ohdang
Bracelet King
ohdang
3 years, 2 months ago by ohdang
#895 ig five inches for the bracelet with ties
eva-seria
Bracelet King
eva-seria
3 years, 2 months ago by eva-seria
#22703 would be a good one to test because I ran out of the outline color before the end of the bracelet
eva-seria
Bracelet King
eva-seria
Oops I’d say my bracelets including the loop and triangle ends are 6 1/8 inches long. I usually put braided ties on the end. If I can’t do a loop I make 3 inch long braids on either end of the bracelet
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@ohdang
For pattern #895 the lengths will be 40inch for color A and 31inch for color B
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@eva-seria So you want to do a loop or ties?
eva-seria
Bracelet King
eva-seria
I’d do a loop
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@eva-seria For pattern #22703 with a loop the lengths will be 60inch for color A and D, 85inch for color B and 56inch for color C.
Don't forget to add a little length for the string that makes the knots in the loop 🙂
eva-seria
Bracelet King
eva-seria
Coolio! Might be a bit before I can test it, but I’ll let you know when I do and how it goes
allialexis
Bracelet King
allialexis
3 years, 2 months ago by allialexis
Ok I wanna do #28009 with a loop on top and twisted ties on the other end 🙂
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@allialexis What will be the length of the knotted part of your bracelet?
allialexis
Bracelet King
allialexis
Oh and i would do the knotted part about 6 inches
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@allialexis For #28009 here are the lengths :
A = 65 inch
B = 70 inch
C = 81 inch
D = 72 inch
E = 45 inch
F = 47 inch
Don't forget to cut the string that does the knots in the loop a little bit longer 🙂
allialexis
Bracelet King
allialexis
Great thank you! I’ll probably try it out this weekend and I’ll let you know how it goes 🙂
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 2 months ago by 2006_Mandy
this seems really cool, the next normal pattern that I plan on making is #67145, I am going to do triangle ends, with braided ties and I will be using the straight edge technique and also I will be making it the size of the keychain that @j-theodor posted under the pattern but with the ties not included.
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@2006_Mandy For #67145 with straight edges added, here are the lengths (I assumed the knotted part will be 5 inch long) :
A = 35 inch
B, C and D = 41 inch
The string that is in the straight edges (doesn't do any knots) = 22 inch
_Cheese_
Bracelet King
_Cheese_
3 years, 2 months ago by _Cheese_
coolio, #74696
Triangle start
Twisted ties
_Cheese_
Bracelet King
_Cheese_
3 years, 2 months ago by _Cheese_
And a loop
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
@_Cheese_ How long will be the knotted part of your bracelet?