Professional
dragon17
2 years, 11 months ago by dragon17
hi how long should the string be for #4191
katnisss
Professional
katnisss
2 years, 11 months ago by katnisss
is there any places online where you can pick and choose what colors of string you want and how many?
17Madison9
Beginner
17Madison9
2 years, 11 months ago by 17Madison9
How do you make your own pattern to where others can see it. @Lou_22
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
2 years, 11 months ago by halokiwi
@17Madison9

Go to the braceletbook website. On a computer hover over your username on the top right, on a phone click it. Click "create patterns" in the drop-down menu. Then you can use either the normal or alpha pattern generator. Once you are done, you have to add at least five keywords that describe your pattern so others can find it easier and then submit it. Once it is submitted it first needs to be reviewed by a moderator who will either accept or decline it. This will generally take less than 24h. If your pattern gets accepted, it will be posted to the website. If it gets declined, it will be sent back to your drafts with a decline message explaining why. Read the decline message carefully and tweak the pattern according to it. After that you can resubmit the pattern.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@katnisss yes, there are definitely places like that. For example dmc which is a brand selling embroidery thread. I am sure other brands have websites as well.
hope642
Bracelet King
hope642
2 years, 11 months ago by hope642
Hi everyone! Do you guys think pattern #30686 would look too big on a keychain? Thanks!
anabarber
Beginner
anabarber
2 years, 11 months ago by anabarber
Hello, can you help me with pattern #52213. I can't seem to figure out the order of the strings at the beginning. How am I supposed to know which string to use for each know. And also, how long should the strings be. PLEASE HELP
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
2 years, 11 months ago by oceanknot
@hope642 I mean it’s all about personal preference. I personally wouldn’t make a pattern like that on a key ring because it would be the length of a bracelet, but maybe you could make it using triangle ends so it would double as both a keychain and a bracelet
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@hope642 it might be a little too long but otherwise great pattern for a keychain 😄
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@anabarber the pattern you mention is an alpha pattern. They work different from normal patterns. I recommend watching a beginner tutorial on it on YouTube for example the one by MashaKnots
hope642
Bracelet King
hope642
2 years, 11 months ago by hope642
@oceanknot @halokiwi thank you so much!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
2 years, 11 months ago by oceanknot
@hope642 no problem!