Im here to answer any of yalls questions abt the LGBTQ= community 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️ page 4
plant-dad
Bracelet King
plant-dad
3 years, 3 months ago by plant-dad
@Jm4 you’re welcome!
Alyce
Bracelet King
Alyce
3 years, 3 months ago by Alyce
Just curious, but what is the difference between lesbian and gay? Can they be interchangeable? Can someone be both at the same time? Are they even related at all. (this is probably very basic stuff lol, but I know next to nothing)
90s_faerie
Advanced
90s_faerie
3 years, 3 months ago by 90s_faerie
@Alyce A lesbian is a girl who is attracted to girls. Gay is another word for homosexual, which is being attracted to the same gender. So while girls, boys, and in between can use gay, lesbian is usually used as in a girl liking girls.
allialexis
Bracelet King
allialexis
3 years, 3 months ago by allialexis
Ok idk if anyone can answer but how do I refer to people who use she/they pronouns? One of my friends uses those pronouns but i don’t wanna ask
Galaxy_Gal
Bracelet King
Galaxy_Gal
3 years, 3 months ago by Galaxy_Gal
Ok first of all, I support LGBTQ! But I'm a bit confused..What means bisexual ?
AkreylaG
Bracelet King
AkreylaG
3 years, 3 months ago by AkreylaG
@allialexis I'm no expert, but I believe that if someone uses she/they pronouns you can refer to them either as they or she, as they may not mind the difference. The same would go for he/they. However, some people who use those pronouns might prefer one set in a certain situation, for example, they might prefer being referred to as she, but having things that belong to them as their possessions, not her possessions. If this is a bit confusing, don't worry! I'm sure anyone you might meet who uses he/they or she/they pronouns would be happy to discuss it with you so you know what their preferences are. I hope this helps!
AkreylaG
Bracelet King
AkreylaG
@Galaxy_Gal someone who is bisexual is someone who is attracted to both men and women. The term bisexual can be used for men, women and non-binary people - it doesn't change depending on what gender someone is. Some bisexuals may feel a preference for one gender, for example, I identify as bisexual, but I am generally more attracted to males. I hope this helps!
Galaxy_Gal
Bracelet King
Galaxy_Gal
3 years, 3 months ago by Galaxy_Gal
Thanks!
allialexis
Bracelet King
allialexis
3 years, 3 months ago by allialexis
@AkreylaG ok and another question, so should I call my friend a her or them? Bc she never specified that so idk
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
@allialexis that's up to you if your friend has not indicated if they prefer she or they. My recommendation would be to use both she and they equally as much.
Jm4
Bracelet King
Jm4
3 years, 3 months ago by Jm4
I have another question... About how often do you receive discrimination if any at all? In what forms? And have you ever been offended by someone on BB because of who you are? I’m sorry if asking this could be offensive, I am just extremely curious
plant-dad
Bracelet King
plant-dad
3 years, 3 months ago by plant-dad
@Jm4 hey! this is really late, but i just saw your question. how often we experience discrimination really depends on what area you’re located in. i live in the southern area of the united states, and that’s where discrimination is some of the worst. i usually am called offensive slurs, but i have been threatened and almost beaten by a group of guys before. (it was at my school last year. it’s taken care of now) i also have been harassed by a user on BB, but the mods were amazing and dealt with it quickly! the best way to discourage discrimination is to be an active ally and stand up for people in the LGBTQ+ community!
AkreylaG
Bracelet King
AkreylaG
@Jm4 like @plant-dad said, it really depends on where you live. I'm in the UK, and I haven't experienced any discrimination, but then, I came out fairly recently and not many people know.
acmiley
Bracelet King
acmiley
3 years, 3 months ago by acmiley
What is androsexual?
two_gender
Skiller
two_gender
3 years, 3 months ago by two_gender
@plant-dad I am so sorry! That must be really tough 😕
johnlauren
Bracelet King
johnlauren
3 years, 3 months ago by johnlauren
@acmiley so i can't personally say the definition because I'm not an expert on all sexualities and i don't wanna say the wrong thing, but here's Google's answer: "Androsexual people: Individuals who experience sexual attraction toward men, males, and/or masculinity, regardless of whether they were assigned male at birth. Aros or aromantic people: Individuals who experience little or no romantic attraction to others of any gender." So I'm guessing its having sexual attraction to men, but not feeling any romantic feelings towards them? Hope that answer works!
indaco
Bracelet King
indaco
3 years, 3 months ago by indaco
@johnlauren Aros or aromantics (aro and aromantic are the same) are different people than androsexuals, but you can be aromantic and androsexual at the same time
johnlauren
Bracelet King
johnlauren
3 years, 3 months ago by johnlauren
@indaco ohh ok, i only added the aro bit because google put aromantic next to the androsexual definition and i thought they were connected somehow🤣, thanks!
luka2211
Bracelet King
luka2211
3 years, 3 months ago by luka2211
Hello everyone, if you're seeing this and you have answered someone else's question thank you so much because you guys usually respond to the questions before I even see them. I will try to be more active here and respond to more of them.
indaco
Bracelet King
indaco
3 years, 3 months ago by indaco
@johnlauren no problem ✌🏻