Im here to answer any of yalls questions abt the LGBTQ= community 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️ page 3
scarleth
Bracelet King
scarleth
3 years, 3 months ago by scarleth
Question when someone uses she/they or he/they does that mean there bi sorry if I offend anyone it’s just I suck at pronouns and there meanings I am sorry
amwatson
Bracelet King
amwatson
3 years, 3 months ago by amwatson
@scarleth No it’s doesn’t mean they’re bi even thought they could be. Pronouns are how you would like to be referred to, if people list more than one set of pronouns that might mean that they want people to use both of those sets of pronouns for them or that they don’t really mind which ones are used out of the ones they list. I personally go by she/they pronouns, the usual for me is she/her but I don’t mind if people is they/them because it’s kind of generally accepted as gender neutral. Pronouns are mostly linked to peoples gender identity which is an entirely separate thing from their sexuality. Sorry if this doesn’t make much sense
scarleth
Bracelet King
scarleth
3 years, 3 months ago by scarleth
@amwatson yea it doesn’t make much sense but I will force myself to educate my self on that (like I said I am sorry it’s just that I am straight but I do support the lgbt+ community tho😊)
Emakes
Bracelet King
Emakes
3 years, 3 months ago by Emakes
How do you deal with all the hate? I see so much of it with real people and on the internet and it makes me feel really down and upset. Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with it? (I'm Bi btw)
amwatson
Bracelet King
amwatson
@Emakes When I’m confronted with any hate going on in the world or just locally it’s really hard to ignore it but I try to remind myself that it’s none of their business who I love and that I have people who love and support me for who I am. Also if I’m sad about it sometimes I just watch cute gay stuff online to make myself feel better.
amwatson
Bracelet King
amwatson
@Emakes When I’m confronted with any hate going on in the world or just locally it’s really hard to ignore it but I try to remind myself that it’s none of their business who I love and that I have people who love and support me for who I am. Also if I’m sad about it sometimes I just watch cute gay stuff online to make myself feel better.
amwatson
Bracelet King
amwatson
Sorry I don’t know why that posted twice
luka2211
Bracelet King
luka2211
3 years, 3 months ago by luka2211
@amwatson thank you for answering all of those I lost my computer and couldn't respond.
itisme
Bracelet King
itisme
3 years, 3 months ago by itisme
@Emakes I dont really know. At some point I just stoped caring about homophobes or other negtive comments. I only care when the person who is being mean or defensive is a close friend or a family member. It really hurts sometimes to know that the people you are close with have something against you. But in the end I just continue with my life because they cant really change the fact that I am queer. Did you ever had got biphobic comments? Because I know there are people in THe LGBTQIA+ community that think bisexuals are not valid. (wich is wrong)
Have a nice day!
skittlesss
Bracelet King
skittlesss
3 years, 3 months ago by skittlesss
This might be a stupid question but like what does lgbtq stand for like i think i only know the l and the g (sorry if this is offense)
horselove1
Bracelet King
horselove1
3 years, 3 months ago by horselove1
@skittlesss i think it’s lesbian gay trans queer
horselove1
Bracelet King
horselove1
3 years, 3 months ago by horselove1
Oops I forgot the b stands for bi
poppit
Bracelet King
poppit
3 years, 3 months ago by poppit
I have a question about what you call different sexuality’s if you are non binary? (I’m cis female lesbian but I’m curious) anyway it works if you are attracted to multiple genders because bi/pan etc are not associated with a particular gender but what if you are nb and attracted to only other nb’s or only girls/women or only boys/men what do you call it then because lesbian is normally associated with girls/women and gay is like homosexual so attracted to the same gender as you? Thanks 😊.
B_ridgette
Bracelet King
B_ridgette
3 years, 3 months ago by B_ridgette
@poppit
Im not nonbinary so take this as you will
I know that people who are NB can still be bi and pan. I think if an NB person could call themselves gay or lesbian if they would like. If there is an NB person who likes women but doesn't like the term lesbian, they might call themselves gay because it is more gender-neutral. I don't know much about it, but I know there is a term for a person who just likes women regardless of their gender, and a person who likes men regardless of their gender. I know the moderator @halokiwi is non-binary so you could message them if you wanted.
Hope this helps
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
@poppit personally I call myself a lesbian but I know that there are also specific terms for non-binary people attracted to women, to men or to other non-binary people. I can never remember them though 😂

A non-binary person attracted to women can be called trixic or orbisian
A non-binary person attracted to men can be called toric or quadrisian
A non-binary person attracted to non-binary people can be called enbian
poppit
Bracelet King
poppit
3 years, 3 months ago by poppit
@halokiwi @B_ridgette thank you 😊. It does look easier for non-binary people to call themselves lesbian etc rather than the specific words because people are more likely to know what lesbian etc means Whereas people are much less likely to know what the specific words mean and you’d have to explain them a lot.
Jm4
Bracelet King
Jm4
3 years, 2 months ago by Jm4
I have a question. What is Demisexual and Pansexual? Sorry that I don’t already know these 😬
Jm4
Bracelet King
Jm4
And what is the difference between queer and gay?
plant-dad
Bracelet King
plant-dad
3 years, 2 months ago by plant-dad
@Jm4 demisexual means that you are only sexually attracted to someone after forming an emotional bond with them. pansexual means that you are either attracted to all genders, or you are “gender blind” and gender doesn’t play a difference in your attraction to someone. gay means that you are attracted to the same gender as yourself, and queer means that you are not straight/not cisgender. it’s a more vague label, and is used as an umbrella term for the lgbtq+ community.
Jm4
Bracelet King
Jm4
@plant-dad Thank you so much! I understand now