Bracelet King
dojac
3 years, 3 months ago by dojac
i tie the end around my ankle or the handle of one of my embroidery carriers
xoxomia
Advanced
xoxomia
3 years, 2 months ago by xoxomia
i got such an awesome thing from amazon called "choose friendship: my friendship bracelet maker" and i love it. i think its only good for smaller bracelets with like 12 strings or less but it holds all my strings in place and has a little drawer for my thread. i love it for travelling too!
annarose25
Advanced
annarose25
3 years, 2 months ago by annarose25
I either use duct tape or a clipboard, but normal tape works just as well, hope this helps xx
S_knots_me
Advanced
S_knots_me
3 years, 2 months ago by S_knots_me
Tips for anchoring bracelets with loops

1. If you are making a normal pattern with a loop and it'hard to tape then you can always take a short string from somewhere and put it through the loop and the tape the string down so that wayif you are starting a bracelet then you have something to tape down if you're only comfortable with tape
2.You could also take a pin and take a bot of cloth on the left of the loop take a bit of cloth in the loop and then the right
ilovemasha
Professional
ilovemasha
3 years, 2 months ago by ilovemasha
You could use a ducktape of binder clips and a binder there are many other ways but that's what I do.
KingOfKnot
Advanced
KingOfKnot
3 years, 2 months ago by KingOfKnot
You can use tape, safely pin it to a pillow or even your jeans, and finally, you can use a clipboard which is my favorite way of holding it down!
june412406
Bracelet King
june412406
3 years, 2 months ago by june412406
i find clipboards are the way to go for me, however if you’re making a wall hanging definitely go with tape.
FaeWitch
Advanced
FaeWitch
3 years, 2 months ago by FaeWitch
Usually a clipboard and/or tape, but hooking it to jeans with a safety pin is another go-to. Back in the 90s when I originally learned we used to use empty film canisters to sandwich the ends and hold them flat-ish then balance the film canisters between our knees. It was a pain and safety pins would have been so much easier. 😂
reggentedi
Advanced
reggentedi
3 years, 2 months ago by reggentedi
binder clips on a clipboard are my best friends, no joke. and i’ve got 29484848 sizes! as for starting the bracelet or just tying a new string in, i use washi tape - i can use it several times and regular duct tape just holds too strong for me
niwoodward
Bracelet King
niwoodward
3 years, 2 months ago by niwoodward
I usually use tape on my desk. Sometimes I use a pillow with safety pins or a clipboard.
bbyb
Professional
bbyb
3 years, 2 months ago by bbyb
i safety pin it to a cushion/blanket etc, i find it way more comfortable than using a clipboard, before i bought my safety pins though i used to put the bracelet into a dvd case and close it shut so the strings hang out😂 not exactly convenient but it works if you dont have immediate access to a clipboard !
summer5
Bracelet King
summer5
3 years, 2 months ago by summer5
i use a clipboard with duct tape for alphas and a clamp clipboard for my normal patterns also in the summer time the tape is bad bc it will melt to the bracelet and leave residue lol
Z_crafts
Professional
Z_crafts
3 years, 2 months ago by Z_crafts
Clipboard from target make sure it is made for paper
billy_bob6
Professional
billy_bob6
3 years, 2 months ago by billy_bob6
I always attach mine to my hydro flask lol
Bracelet-_
Professional
Bracelet-_
3 years, 2 months ago by Bracelet-_
@Lina99999 I use a water bottle and put the loop or whatever where you drink from, close it in. I put in in between my knees and sit on my bed.
elm231
Bracelet King
elm231
3 years, 2 months ago by elm231
Clipboards! Clipboards! And more clipboards! Try using the wood and metal variety. 😉
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
3 years, 2 months ago by Lou_22
Clipboard
brooklyng
Bracelet King
brooklyng
3 years, 1 month ago by brooklyng
I use this tiny clip board i have or sometimes duct tape
carara9093
Bracelet King
carara9093
3 years, 1 month ago by carara9093
I always make my bracelets on a clipboard, it is just easier. I like to use painter's tape (the blue one that's less sticky) bc duct tape tends to make the bracelets frizzy once taken off.
Ada_Grow05
Professional
Ada_Grow05
3 years, 1 month ago by Ada_Grow05
Tape is my favorite. I tape my work onto the clipboard of put a bunch of tape on the part of the clipboard that clamps because it will leave a line in your bracelet that aggravates me so I try to not use the clipboard on its own. For road trips I sometimes use a safety pin and pin it onto my jeans