how do you hold down your bracelets??? plaesee awswer meeee!!!!
Lina99999
Bracelet King
Lina99999
3 years, 12 months ago by Lina99999
how do you hold dwon ur bracelets and how should i?
kat_r_s11
Bracelet King
kat_r_s11
3 years, 12 months ago by kat_r_s11
I usually use the back of a clipboard with duct tape for alphas. It works really well and is very strong so you don’t have to keep replacing it. For normal patterns, I usually either duct tape it to a table or safety pin it to a small cushion and hold it between my knees (if I sit with my feet up and my knees level with my shoulders that’s what I do). You can also use a clipboard. Hope this helps!
fsfs1212
Professional
fsfs1212
3 years, 12 months ago by fsfs1212
Yeah I use clipboard and duct tape too it works really well. When I started I used safety pins but I had only the big ones so the safety pins left kinda big holes so I switched to clipboards
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 12 months ago by Someone_
Clipboard and tape is my go-to. 🙂
lilhamster
Professional
lilhamster
3 years, 11 months ago by lilhamster
If using tape you can fan out the ties at the top to make it more secure
ncharczuk2
Professional
ncharczuk2
3 years, 11 months ago by ncharczuk2
My to-go is duck tape and a clipboard no matter what kind of bracelet
bethany_me
Bracelet King
bethany_me
3 years, 11 months ago by bethany_me
I use my container for thread. I just stick it in and close the lid and use that to make sure my bracelets never move. 😊
Lina99999
Bracelet King
Lina99999
3 years, 11 months ago by Lina99999
@bethany_me thanks! I’m getting a new string back the 30 so I’ll try that
pmanifesto
Skiller
pmanifesto
3 years, 11 months ago by pmanifesto
Hi,

I use a the Mini Macramé Board from Beadsmith. It is 7.5 x 10.5 inches. a really great size that fits in my backpack when I want to take my knotting with me.

❤️ I love it. ❤️

They should be under USD $10.00.

It's made of a special rigid foam that alllows me to use T-pins to hold down my bracelet at the top of the board (or anywhere, really).

What I love about this board is that there are grooves cut into the edges all the way around the board, which makes it easy to organize my threads and keep track of where I am in knotting my pattern. When I'm done knotting for the moment, I'll use the grooves on the side and the bottom to hold each thread, until I come back to the project. I think this helps keep my bracelet from curling. I also think while I'm knotting it keeps the tension equal so my bracelets are pretty even on the edges.

I suppose if you can't purchase one online, it might be possible to improvise one with layers of cardboard or foamcore,

The board is made from Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate foam, it's beige and about 3/4" thick and very rigid.

I swear by it!

I know there is a larger size too for larger knotting or macramé projects., sized 11.5 x 15.5 inches.

Here's a link on amazon so you can see what it looks like --> https://www.amazon.com/Beadsmith-MWB10-Macrame-Board-Mini/dp/B00ED36RIO

Maybe you can find it at your nearest craft store? I got mine at JoAnn's.

Hope this helps!

Pattern Manifesto!
Haka_yt
Bracelet King
Haka_yt
3 years, 11 months ago by Haka_yt
Clipboards work the best for me!
Lina99999
Bracelet King
Lina99999
@pmanifesto thank you so much that was very helpful ❤️ I appreciate you taking the time and writing that have a nice day😁
Lina99999
Bracelet King
Lina99999
@Haka_yt yeah I’m using a book and then a chip
itsjenni
Bracelet King
itsjenni
3 years, 11 months ago by itsjenni
Masking tape was my go-to, I taped the bracelet on my foot (above the knee) so I could knot everywhere. Sometimes I also taped the bracelet on a desk. Now I‘m using a clipboard 😊
Summer15
Professional
Summer15
3 years, 11 months ago by Summer15
Duct tape is literally my best friend while making bracelets! lol. 😂 😂 😂
kxllysilva
Professional
kxllysilva
3 years, 11 months ago by kxllysilva
It depends on what type or size of bracelet! If I am doing an alpha pattern, I will tape down the strings onto a clipboard and then use separate clips to hold the clipboard down onto a desk / table (just so that the clipboard isn't sliding around everywhere). I used to just tape it down anywhere, but it gets annoying if you want to move it and have to re-tape it several times. For normal patterns I will usually just use a baby pin or a carabiner.
ashten
Bracelet King
ashten
3 years, 11 months ago by ashten
clipboards, safety pins or tape (alphas)!
miss_jessy
Bracelet King
miss_jessy
3 years, 11 months ago by miss_jessy
Clipboard or a safety pin
Bethanyyyy
Bracelet King
Bethanyyyy
3 years, 11 months ago by Bethanyyyy
I use a clipboard and put a folded index card over the bracelet so the board doesn't break my thread
I_can_Knot
Professional
I_can_Knot
3 years, 11 months ago by I_can_Knot
I like to attach my bracelets to my pillow, pants, or backpack using a safety pin, but I also use a clipboard. Masha Knots has a video with life hacks that shows how to secure w/ a safety pin.
Hope this helped!
cgrace270
Professional
cgrace270
3 years, 11 months ago by cgrace270
I use duct tape!