Making friendship bracelets in public page 3
KacyM15
Professional
KacyM15
1 year, 7 months ago by KacyM15
I’m suuuuuper late, but at summer camps where making bracelets is a big activity, you typically tie it or connect it in some way to your water bottle! I think that @nuggs had already mentioned that idea, but there seems to be no issue with varying a bracelet around on a water bottle! I recommend getting a small carabiner, so you can have a few going at once! If the strings are too long, i just wrap them around the handle! I hope this helps!
Rita7Denis
Advanced
Rita7Denis
1 year, 7 months ago by Rita7Denis
I have handspun, knitted and crocheted in public. Sometimes there is lots of interest, sometimes I get ignored. Many folks these days do not do any type of hand work. It's really too bad.
Bringing a bracelet with me today to a doctor's appointment.
leviOsa_09
Bracelet King
leviOsa_09
1 year, 7 months ago by leviOsa_09
I normally attatch the bracelet to my flute while im listening to the teacher!
CAEdancer
Advanced
CAEdancer
1 year, 7 months ago by CAEdancer
I normally put mine on my water bottle or my clip board when I make mine!
grimardz
Professional
grimardz
1 year, 7 months ago by grimardz
i rarely knot in public and if I do it's on a water bottle and it's a small bracelet. when I would go to camp I would bring my whole set up cause that's what we do but I feel embarrassed to knot in public with my clipboard.
sjandrews
Skiller
sjandrews
1 year, 6 months ago by sjandrews
@Kada - WOW - that caribiner/water bottle idea is brilliant! It's given me so many other ideas for 'bracelets' like adding one to zipper tabs.
KailynSkye
Advanced
KailynSkye
1 year, 5 months ago by KailynSkye
Safety pin to my jeans or a clipboard or a macramé board. The safety pin is the easiest imo.
aubykitten
Advanced
aubykitten
1 year, 5 months ago by aubykitten
i do it at work. i work at a coffee shop. when people see it they think it’s hilarious and ask me to make them one most of the time lol
Remah
Skiller
Remah
1 year, 4 months ago by Remah
I do it every where😭 even the coffee shops
lynx123
Bracelet King
lynx123
1 year, 4 months ago by lynx123
I taught myself how to make bracelets without tying it to anything so I literally do them everywhere.
Allie2024
Skiller
Allie2024
1 year, 4 months ago by Allie2024
When I am on a time crunch while I am making a normal bracelet, I attach it to a safety pin, and attach it to my pants/jeans. I put the longer strings in my pocket to avoid stepping on them.
moth-cult
Professional
moth-cult
1 year, 4 months ago by moth-cult
i make bracelets while i’m at school most the time, either that or when i’m in the car. i use the teardrop method in every bracelet i’ve made so far and i just pin that to my pants, or my school bag. usually people don’t say anything but if they do they are super nice and interested 😄 they mostly ask questions about it too. i also keep saftey pins on my jackets just in case i have an extra one in my bag or one i need to finish
YOURCARESS
Advanced
YOURCARESS
1 year, 3 months ago by YOURCARESS
Personally inspend hours everyday making them in class, i loop the top around the ring of my waterbottle, put and hold it in my lap and it works for me
belladog07
Professional
belladog07
10 months, 1 week ago by belladog07
i was making a bracelet two days ago at a public pool while I was watching my niece, one lady asked me what I was making and I showed her. The interaction was really sweet. Of course all interactions may not be the best, but nice ones always make me more comfortable with making bracelets in public.
sweeteri
Professional
sweeteri
10 months ago by sweeteri
sometimes i bring them in the car with the intention to work on them during a long drive or something but i've never gotten around to it soooo 🙈
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
10 months ago by fishyknots
Sometimes I take my clipboard to school when I know I will have a lot of free time. Mostly, no one really cares about what I'm doing, some people will think it's super interesting and watch me the entire period.
cubicpizza
Professional
cubicpizza
10 months ago by cubicpizza
i always safety pin bracelets to my jeans if i’ve made a loop. i’m gonna ruin my jeans 💔
pancakes30
Bracelet King
pancakes30
10 months ago by pancakes30
i take my clipboard with me and i use a binder clip to hold it in place! ive knotted in a few cafes and the people around dont mind at all! they usually come and ask if i seel them haha
emilyyy307
Bracelet King
emilyyy307
10 months ago by emilyyy307
I have made many bracelets in public and it’s either people notice or they don’t. One time I was making one and this little girl (I’d say she was about 4) came up to me and asked if she could help I told her making bracelets is harder with 2 people but I did end up giving her the bracelet and she ran away happily
Tanimo32
Skiller
Tanimo32
9 months, 3 weeks ago by Tanimo32
yup, usually people are impressed or just dont mention it, but ive had people ask me to make them a bracelet a good few times so be warned if youre bad at saying no