Skiller
Avery730
1 year, 10 months ago by Avery730
I always tack a hair clip or safety pin and put it on my shorts/pants. 👍 😜
asterism
Professional
asterism
1 year, 10 months ago by asterism
my backpack has a certain keychain that clips on, so if i have my backpack with me i'll just clip the loop onto that. If i don't have that, or the bracelet I'm making doesn't have a loop at the top, i can use my water bottle (unscrew the cap, position the short ends correctly, then screw the cap back on so they get trapped under. You have to be a bit careful with how hard you pull on it, but it works).
a clipboard is probably the ultimate method if you've got one, but i don't actually have one, and my methods work just fine for me.

as for the reception from strangers, the only experience i have of that is when I was working on this really cool one (i found it on a different site, but it looks pretty similar to #54855) on a ferry ride, and a stranger caught sight of it and said "that's very impressive!".

I don't really see any possible reason why people would get annoyed or angry at you for making a friendship bracelet in public, to be honest. in general, people will just leave you alone, or maybe give a compliment every so often. maybe if you were doing it in class and you have a nasty teacher, they will tell you to stop, but that's the only reason i can think of. so you really don't have anything to worry about in that regard.
astring
Skiller
astring
1 year, 10 months ago by astring
i make them at school…. it’s normally find HOWEVER there is a overwhelming amount of requests (normally from like those kids i never talk to in class) asking/demanding one. ///
nuggs
Advanced
nuggs
1 year, 9 months ago by nuggs
i usually secure mine to my water bottle at work or safety pin them to my pants (lol) or i’ll tape it to a surface, i definitely prefer the water bottle method though
clownzone
Professional
clownzone
1 year, 9 months ago by clownzone
i sometimes make them at school during lunch or my spare periods! i have a sketchbook i bring with me and i'll just tape the bracelet i'm working on there
happyrobin
Bracelet King
happyrobin
1 year, 9 months ago by happyrobin
I use a clipboard to make my bracelets and I have a little box which holds my supplies that I'm using and my in-progress bracelets. I take those around almost everywhere with me!
tkd2010
Bracelet King
tkd2010
1 year, 9 months ago by tkd2010
i recommend buying a storage clipboard. i don’t like clipping my bracelets down but i just tape it on the clipboard. also since it’s a storage clipboard you can store you scissors, extra tape, extra thread, safety pins, etc.
leviOsa_09
Bracelet King
leviOsa_09
1 year, 8 months ago by leviOsa_09
I safety pin mine to my jacket below the right shoulder and whenever I have I
leviOsa_09
Bracelet King
leviOsa_09
Time I pin it to my pants or sock and work on it
leviOsa_09
Bracelet King
leviOsa_09
Whoops….. hard to do it on a phone lol
Margaron
Margaron
1 year, 8 months ago by Margaron
I use a safety pin to the knee of my pants or tape to my string box. Most strangers just silently watch, a few will comment nothing negative, most people are just intrigued. In my experience not a lot of people have the know how and to them it’s a crazy wonderful thing to see it materialize before their eyes.
Lluii
Advanced
Lluii
1 year, 8 months ago by Lluii
I've made them in school, and normally had my friend hold the loop or the bracelet for me. Most of the time people would just stare at me and sometimes approach me and ask for a bracelet, or just to tell me that it was cool, so yeah, it's normally a pretty fun experience!
Spaceguard
Bracelet King
Spaceguard
1 year, 8 months ago by Spaceguard
I do it basically everywhere! Mostly at work or in waiting rooms, and of course, at home. In both cases, I always have my clipboard with the bracelet attached to it, what I'm going to make.
The people are always curious what I'm doing, and I get asked very often, what a technique this is. Old ladies seem to adore it the most!
aubreeeyxo
Skiller
aubreeeyxo
1 year, 8 months ago by aubreeeyxo
I work on them on the bus, and during lunch, breaks! I normally tie it to my water bottle or tape it to my folder
Emakes
Bracelet King
Emakes
1 year, 8 months ago by Emakes
I’ve worked on my bracelets at school before. I usually just bring my clipboard or tape it to whatever table I’m sitting at. I’ve gotten a few weird looks before but mostly people don’t seem bothered by it!
broom
Professional
broom
1 year, 8 months ago by broom
the main way i get a ton of bracelets done so quickly is i do them during class and at break. i just attach a safety pin to my pants (normally on my thighs so its easier) and pray a teacher doesnt see me. i never get stares coz most people are too busy on their phones and stuff but my friends are cool with it 🙂
SweetKeeks
Skiller
SweetKeeks
1 year, 8 months ago by SweetKeeks
Safety pin on pants in public. To move around I just stick the access string in pocket. I get a couple of looks, but mostly I get people asking for me to make them bracelets
ryanishomo
Advanced
ryanishomo
1 year, 8 months ago by ryanishomo
i made one at school today, it was a quick candy stripe one i had memorized. I just happened to be carrying around some string and my friend asked for one so i made it during class. I used my 70 oz water bottle to hold the top for me and my teacher walked passed and even commented on it, so i dont think he cared. my classmates didnt care either.
spyderwebs
Professional
spyderwebs
1 year, 8 months ago by spyderwebs
i started making them at a social group i go to every week, and people said it was really cool! even some guys i thought would make fun of me just said it looks so cool 🙂
PieWithout
Skiller
PieWithout
1 year, 7 months ago by PieWithout
@lydia_g same! I always take my normals with me when I had to go somewhere by train (doing alfas only at home, dont know why)