Scraps....I'm covered in scraps!
alltiedup
Bracelet King
alltiedup
3 years ago by alltiedup
Most are under 18 inches but I cannot do alphas and I have no interest in trying to learn. What the heck do I do with hundreds of scrap pieces?
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years ago by oceanknot
Scraps are mostly used in alphas, but you can use them to replace short strings in normals. Maybe try making some kind of tassels with them?
OwObama
Professional
OwObama
3 years ago by OwObama
I make most of my bracelets adjustable with braided ties on both ends and a square knot connecting the two braided ties. I use a scrap to tie the square knot, since it doesn't take a lot of string. Otherwise, I don't really use my scraps, but it doesn't hurt to save them just in case.
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
3 years ago by crafter83
You make them into rings or keychains
Mimi2022
Bracelet King
Mimi2022
3 years ago by Mimi2022
If you know someone who does alpha you can give the scrap to them ☺️
itsssaddie
Advanced
itsssaddie
3 years ago by itsssaddie
i make my bracelets adjustable by braiding a chunk of the top before my pattern begins, and braiding a part after my pattern is done. then i use a scrap to tie a series of square knots to make it adjustable, so i recommend trying that if you want!
Addysen
Bracelet King
Addysen
3 years ago by Addysen
you can definitely use them when a string gets short in a normal pattern but I definitely suggest trying alphas bc they are super easy and really fun
allyson606
Bracelet King
allyson606
3 years ago by allyson606
You can make rug rag bracelets/keychains!!!
Lola_T
Professional
Lola_T
3 years ago by Lola_T
You could make rag rug bracelets it is an alpha but it is really easy to learn (I would watch masha knots tutorial on YouTube)
simplyroxy
Professional
simplyroxy
3 years ago by simplyroxy
if you are interested in knitting/crochet/sewing, I use my smaller scraps as stuffing!
Crafterina
Bracelet King
Crafterina
3 years ago by Crafterina
Well if the strings are long enough, I usually make kumihimo bracelets with the excess strings
Brooke1683
Bracelet King
Brooke1683
3 years ago by Brooke1683
Maybe do a rag rug that is super simple check out Kinsey b’s tutorial not Alex innovations because in her tutorial you need long scraps, so check out Kinsey b’s tutorial
ThreadMade
Advanced
ThreadMade
2 years, 11 months ago by ThreadMade
Hi! Another way you can use scrap thread are in mandala bracelets, they’re really cute and easy once you make them. There’s lot’s of tutorials online but I found that you need less string than you think for the petals. (Based on my experience 😉) Hope this helps! 💕
pivi658
Professional
pivi658
2 years, 11 months ago by pivi658
Search rug rag bracelets on YouTube, or you can do square knots on ties to make adjustable bracelets
cactusgirl
Professional
cactusgirl
2 years, 11 months ago by cactusgirl
Rag rug! They are so fun to do with scraps
ceren
Bracelet King
ceren
2 years, 11 months ago by ceren
I honestly do rag rugs with my scraps. A month ago i was also covered with them and i started making rag rugs with them. You can also use them in chevron, candystripe and flip flop keychains. If you have a little sis/bro or cousin, you can make them bracelets or anklets with the scraps.
abbey10
Bracelet King
abbey10
2 years, 10 months ago by abbey10
Well if you did make alphas a good pattern to practice on would be #46958
lolitalady
Bracelet King
lolitalady
2 years, 9 months ago by lolitalady
I only do normal and I use my scrap when I run out of a color , so , instead of cutting a new string , I try to find fthe same color in the scrap