PLEASE DEBATE: IS SEGMENT KNOTTING ALWAYS FASTER? page 2
millie_g
Professional
millie_g
3 years, 1 month ago by millie_g
It depends on how many rows it has... Usually, segment knotting is quicker but for some row by row could be faster.
Belle0812
Professional
Belle0812
3 years, 1 month ago by Belle0812
So I’ve always knotted row by row until I found what segment knotting was... I’ve been learning it and have found the learning curve is SLOW... but I’ve slowly started to understand more and more and now I thing it’s faster and more fun!
elm231
Bracelet King
elm231
3 years, 1 month ago by elm231
Well, for me, it's always a yes.
isabellew7
Bracelet King
isabellew7
3 years, 1 month ago by isabellew7
When I started I did row by row but for me I think segment knotting is faster and it’s what I prefer to do 🦋🦋
LunarXD
Bracelet King
LunarXD
3 years, 1 month ago by LunarXD
Segment knotting
twiggytape
Skiller
twiggytape
3 years ago by twiggytape
YES always I will fight you on this
twiggytape
Skiller
twiggytape
3 years ago by twiggytape
always segment knotting is what I meant
demonspong
Professional
demonspong
3 years ago by demonspong
Segment knotting is only worth it for me when there’s a big section to segment knot, or with patterns that are divided into smaller shapes easily (like checkered patterns or ones divided by cross crosses). Otherwise if it’s super small sections, I find the my bracelets turn out better and straighter when I do row by row. I’m sure it has something to do with my tensions and how I learned to make bracelets back in summer camp.
olyfia__
Bracelet King
olyfia__
3 years ago by olyfia__
I would say that it depends on the pattern, but segment knotting is, in fact, faster, because you don't have to constanty switch between two strings and remember in which row leave out the outward strings at the edges. I always knot using segment knotting, and it has it's own pros and cons.
I could definitely see that patterns like #8873 and #27124 were pretty easy, because it's just repeating section in two different directions (probably the easiest patterns for me that I enjoyed knotting), and I didn't get bored of it so easily. And yeah, there is the con.
Bigger patterns/ patterns that are hard to knot or just in general not repeating, can be pretty complicated, and I often get bored of them. So I would say if you're always patient, you will not have that problem. But it depends on the person, so everyone has different feelings for segment knotting, it definitely did change my life for easier.
lucass_
Bracelet King
lucass_
3 years ago by lucass_
that moment when you realize ppl r talkin bout normals and not alphas
minutcraft
Bracelet King
minutcraft
3 years ago by minutcraft
@lucass_ 🤣
minutcraft
Bracelet King
minutcraft
3 years ago by minutcraft
My two cents worth: I’ve personally found segment knotting to be faster for the kind of normal patterns I like to make, but it’s also kind of a double edged sword, because if i get too carried away with how quickly i’m knotting a segment, the bracelet easily becomes lopsided/irregularly shaped. So I do need to try to segment knot in chunks small enough not to upset the symmetry of the bracelet.
Maialynn
Bracelet King
Maialynn
2 years, 12 months ago by Maialynn
I find segment knotting 100x faster! And it makes your bracelet less lumpy
ELKARS
Bracelet King
ELKARS
2 years, 12 months ago by ELKARS
when i first started reading patterns, I used the row by row method, but now since I learnt how to do it, I ALWAYS use it!! (unless i am doing a one-two-one pattern, which I barely ever do) In my opinion it is much faster and easier, but it really all depends on the pattern. 😊
danielle_3
Bracelet King
danielle_3
2 years, 12 months ago by danielle_3
i think it’s faster but it really depends on the pattern. sometimes if the pattern is really hard to segment knot then row by row is easier but with something simpler patterns it is much easier to segment knot. it also can depend on how you segment knot it. i think segment knotting is easier and quicker though
feiwafeiwa
Bracelet King
feiwafeiwa
2 years, 12 months ago by feiwafeiwa
I almost always segment knot when I can. I think it's faster, but I don't really like row-by-row, so I can't really say. Row-by-row definitely gives more even knots, but I prefer the speed of segment knotting over the slight improvement in quality from row-by-row knotting.
tBlue
Bracelet King
tBlue
2 years, 11 months ago by tBlue
i started with row by row knotting until i learned how to segment knot (plus there r some patterns u can’t segment knot like the moon normal pattern bracelet i made since it’s all FB or BF knots) and i do think that it’s faster. however, like ppl have been saying, it can be confusing for beginners and sometimes i get a little confused on complex pattern (:
Luna4
Bracelet King
Luna4
2 years, 11 months ago by Luna4
YES
d_knotz
Professional
d_knotz
2 years, 11 months ago by d_knotz
I think it depends on the pattern and what works best for you
Elea07
Professional
Elea07
2 years, 11 months ago by Elea07
If it is like pattern #11169, then I think that row by row is faster because with patterns like this one, you can only do 2-3 knots per segment. However, if it is a pattern like pattern #91361, then I think that segment knotting is way easier because you can do rows at a time as shown in the pattern. Overall, it depends on the pattern and your preference. 😉