What's your favourite weird tool for bracelet making? page 3
monessss
Bracelet King
monessss
3 years, 6 months ago by monessss
@Someone_ I also use electrical tape! Out of all the different tapes I've used it is definitely the best at holding down my bracelets, especially because I knot pretty tightly. I also use buckles(like the kind you see on paracords) a lot especially when making alphas because they look cool on my bracelets and they're more practical than bracelet ties which always seem to either fall off when I'm going somewhere or be really hard to untie.
estellajw
Professional
estellajw
3 years, 6 months ago by estellajw
Hair straightener, seam ripper, packing tape, and safety pins 😄
graceb2707
Bracelet King
graceb2707
3 years, 6 months ago by graceb2707
I tie strings onto the actual clipboard to add more string onto my bracelet like I don't use tape like other knotters 🤷
kmmorell
Bracelet King
kmmorell
3 years, 5 months ago by kmmorell
Ruler!
xXMyselfXx
Professional
xXMyselfXx
3 years, 5 months ago by xXMyselfXx
A ruler to push the knots up a bit
i_pinecone
Bracelet King
i_pinecone
3 years, 5 months ago by i_pinecone
I use tape. Like ALOT of tape. Like half the roll. IT STILL SLIDES OUT.
jmb2001
Bracelet King
jmb2001
3 years, 5 months ago by jmb2001
i’ve been using cotton swabs with the ends cut off for mini wall hangings cause i don’t have toothpicks or wooden dowels right now😂
Ada_Grow05
Professional
Ada_Grow05
3 years, 5 months ago by Ada_Grow05
I use a weird flat thread cutter from DMC that has prongs to cut the threads and it always makes it more fun to do something in a different way!!
rae_13
Professional
rae_13
3 years, 5 months ago by rae_13
When I take pictures of my bracelets I use my hair straightener to straighten it out. 😂
Fluffball
Bracelet King
Fluffball
3 years, 5 months ago by Fluffball
Sometimes I iron my bracelets before photographing them. Like, for example #7954 tended to curl in on itself because of the knot structure, so I ironed it first.
daniiiknot
Bracelet King
daniiiknot
3 years, 5 months ago by daniiiknot
Mine is a ruler! It helps me straighten my alphas and my normals 👍 🔥
hottamales
Bracelet King
hottamales
3 years, 4 months ago by hottamales
so when i first started bracelet making i had an old piece of cork board that i used to knot on! I would put a thumbtack at the start of the bracelet and one closer to where I was working but now I just use a heavy duty clipboard I found.
CoolKnot
Bracelet King
CoolKnot
3 years, 4 months ago by CoolKnot
I use tweezers to untie knots... not the flat ones but the pointy ones
nelsone23
Bracelet King
nelsone23
3 years, 4 months ago by nelsone23
I found this little brush thing from something weird and it works amazingly to make fluffy ends and tassels for alphas and normals!!
NB2909
Bracelet King
NB2909
3 years, 4 months ago by NB2909
My favorite weird tool is a bobbin winder i got from amazon which is so helpfull instead of taking 5 minutes it now takes 30 seconds 🤯 and safety pins to undo my knots.
rachely215
Professional
rachely215
3 years, 4 months ago by rachely215
i use clothespin and small erasable board to make diy clip board😂
Emakes
Bracelet King
Emakes
3 years, 4 months ago by Emakes
Mine is a safety pin. I know a few people use these but their still pretty weird. I use mine to untie knots and sometimes to fasten my bracelets.
workmanha
Bracelet King
workmanha
3 years, 3 months ago by workmanha
I tape my bracelets to my laptop instead of to the table or clip it on a clipboard. I also sometimes tape my bracelets to this in thing have to store my string.
maddigaddi
Professional
maddigaddi
3 years, 3 months ago by maddigaddi
I put the loop on a carabiner and it’s super easy to tie that way. I really recommend it.
MB_Bento
Professional
MB_Bento
3 years, 3 months ago by MB_Bento
I use my hydro flask to knot on. Most bracelet makers find that weird as most use a clip bored 😅