im broke and cant get thread for my alphas
leah_123
Bracelet King
leah_123
3 years, 7 months ago by leah_123
what do you do when you run out of alpha base strings and your broke as heck?
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 7 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Go to dollarama or dollar tree $4 for a bunch of thread at dollarama or I buy bakers twins sometimes and I check out different dollar stores and other stores for cheaper thread. You can always buy singular skeins instead of packs and if you have no money either asks your parents to buy you more or if not you could try selling any bracelets you might not want to get some more money for thread
laynaluv
Bracelet King
laynaluv
3 years, 7 months ago by laynaluv
you could buy crotchet thread and use it as base strings if you have some money to spend, at michaels aunt lydias fashion thread size 10 is $3.69, then you won’t have to use embroidery floss as base strings
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 7 months ago by 2006_Mandy
for $5 at michaels buy aunt lydias white crochet thread and colour them whatever colours you'd like
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 7 months ago by oceanknot
I’ve never used fashion/size 10 Aunt Lydia’s crotchet thread , but fashion/size 3 works best for me. It’s really cheap and it comes with like 150 yards.
_arianao
Bracelet King
_arianao
3 years, 7 months ago by _arianao
I get aunt Lydia's crochet thread it's from Micheals and it's really cheap. I got a big roll of it for 3 or 4 dollars
Deuken
Bracelet King
Deuken
3 years, 7 months ago by Deuken
I used Red Heart crotchet yarn size 10.
Samanada
Bracelet King
Samanada
3 years, 7 months ago by Samanada
Friendship Thread from Walmart is cheap and good for alpha base strings. It tends to break a lot, so I wouldn’t recommend using it for the actual knots
kmmorell
Bracelet King
kmmorell
3 years, 6 months ago by kmmorell
maybe to keychains or make a teardrop loop into triangle ends and make a short pattern!
aukse
Professional
aukse
3 years, 6 months ago by aukse
aunt lydia thread is only £4 and it’s giant, it will last at least 100 alphas 🙂
sadnymph
Bracelet King
sadnymph
3 years, 6 months ago by sadnymph
if you need money, try and sell something like maybe some bracelets made of scrap thread/other bracelets. do some chores for pocket money or maybe ask for money for birthday or christmas