Bird Challenge
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
1 month ago by J3ssica
Hi guys. It's pretty self explanatory. All you need to do is a bird pattern. It can be a wall hanging, bookmark, keychain or bracelet. National Draw A Bird Day lands on April 8th every yr. It started in 1947 when a 7 yr old named Dorie was visiting her uncle at the hospital with her mom. Her uncle lost his leg in the war n Dorie asked him to draw a bird for her to cheer her up. Every time she visited after that, all the wounded soldiers held drawing contests to see who could draw the nicest bird. After several months, the ward was filled with bird drawings. Three years later, at just ten years old, Dorie was tragically killed by a hit and run. At her funeral, her coffin was covered in bird drawings by all the soldiers and nurses and doctors on the ward. I personally have drawn a bird every year for the last few years for the occasion. But... I thought, it would be nice to know one n have others do the same this year. Let's remember sweet Dorie and her love for her uncle n birds as we all celebrate the arrival of Spring. Ty I hope you guys like my challenge and u have till May 11th. Enjoy! First place will receive five stars on 75 percent of all their patterns and second place will receive five stars on half their patterns and third will receive five stars on 25 percent of their patterns. 🕊️🦜🦩🦆🦤🦢
RyanMarieS
Bracelet King
RyanMarieS
1 month ago by RyanMarieS
Can I join with #163863? It's technically a duck but I'm wondering if it would still count. If not, I can find a new pattern! 😊
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
1 month ago by J3ssica
@RyanMarieS a duck is a bird. So... That's totally fine with me. Ty for joining.🦆
RyanMarieS
Bracelet King
RyanMarieS
1 month ago by RyanMarieS
yay!! can't wait!!
-jericho
Bracelet King
-jericho
1 month ago by -jericho
I'll join with #158670
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
1 month ago by J3ssica
@Jericho yay! Welcome to my challenge.
Priyanka
Bracelet King
Priyanka
1 month ago by Priyanka
Can I join with #46869
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
1 month ago by J3ssica
@Priyanka of course you can join. Ty for joining.
Beeskin
Bracelet King
Beeskin
1 month ago by Beeskin
Can I join with #166989?
LittenGirl
Bracelet King
LittenGirl
1 month ago by LittenGirl
@J3ssica May I join with #167136?
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
1 month ago by J3ssica
@Beeskin n @LittenGirl welcome to my challenge. Enjoy
goldflower
Bracelet King
goldflower
1 month ago by goldflower
I'd like to join with #166927 I'll also be sure to draw a bird for national bird day
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
1 month ago by J3ssica
@goldflower welcome! I LOVE ur hummingbird patterns!
Priyanka
Bracelet King
Priyanka
1 month ago by Priyanka
@J3ssica My photo has been accepted, hope you like it 🩵🫠
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
1 month ago by J3ssica
@Priyanka I absolutely love it! It's a beautiful bracelet.
Priyanka
Bracelet King
Priyanka
1 month ago by Priyanka
@J3ssica thankyou so much 🩵🫠
goldflower
Bracelet King
goldflower
3 weeks, 6 days ago by goldflower
My photo is up. I ran out of the background blue color so I used scraps to finish it
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
3 weeks, 6 days ago by J3ssica
@goldflower I absolutely LOVE it! I actually am obsessed with ur beautiful bird patterns!
goldflower
Bracelet King
goldflower
3 weeks, 6 days ago by goldflower
Thanks! I'm currently obsessed with birds so I'm loving this challenge. Do you think I could enter with a second pattern? You could just judge the first one I made so it's fair
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
3 weeks, 6 days ago by J3ssica
@goldflower I wanted to do one of your patterns for a challenge I'm in but was told no. 😭 I'm obsessed with birds! I'm kinda a bird watcher. If u love birds as much as I do, I highly recommend you download the Merlin app on your cell phone. It's completely free and even works here in the middle of nowhere where I live. Lol It's picked up almost 50 different species of bird so far in the last week... Just in n around our yard. It's REALLY cool! Lol I have a tracphone so I got it free through Google play. I also made a beautiful cardinal pattern for round one of the Rainbow Challenge. Lol But... Yeah, I can talk birds ALL day! Lol And... Of course, u are more than welcome to do another bird pattern. I did an owl pattern recently for the wall hanging challenge. It's my biggest at 3,111 knots. No clue how it didn't place. N I did a flamingo pattern for this month's round of the Lunar Calendar challenge and Vacation challenge. Lol Do u have a favorite bird? 🐤🐦🐧🕊