🌕 2024 Full Moon Challenge 🌷 PINK MOON 🌷 (April) 🌕
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
1 month ago by sophlove21
Howdy everyone! I can hear the birds chirping away outside my window as I type this: Spring has most definitely sprung! This month’s name is also focused on the excitement of seeing spring all around, the Pink Moon. I know we’re a day behind, but this month is very simple so I’m hoping that won’t really matter 🙂
🌷History
According to the Farmers Almanac, “Although we wish this name had to do with the color of the Moon, the reality is not quite as mystical or awe-inspiring. In truth, April’s full Moon often corresponded with the early springtime blooms of a certain wildflower native to eastern North America: Phlox subulata—commonly called creeping phlox or moss phlox—which also went by the name “moss pink.” Thanks to this seasonal association, this full Moon came to be called the “Pink” Moon! In April, Moon names reference spring abound! Breaking Ice Moon (Algonquin) and Moon When the Streams Are Again Navigable (Dakota) reference the melting ice and increased mobility of the early spring season, while Budding Moon of Plants and Shrubs (Tlingit) and Moon of the Red Grass Appearing (Oglala) speak to the plant growth that will soon kick into high gear.
(more info at https://www.almanac.com/content/full-moon-april)
🌷March Scoring Guidelines
Category - Pink Moon - This challenge is easy peasy, like I was saying earlier. All entries must include a Full Moon and the color pink somewhere in the bracelet. Other than that, get creative!
Each of the following categories will be worth 5 pts:
-Pattern choice/razzle dazzle
-Edges & endings
-Knot Tension
-Photo
🌷Bonus Points
+1 Bonus Point for any creation that only contains the colors pink, white, and black!
+1 Bonus Point for making a pattern or variation. Make sure to message in the challenge forum or DM me if you do so to get points! Also, I am adding all the patterns that have been created for this challenge to the powerpoint. . . 😉
🌷Multiple Entries
Up to three allowed and encouraged! Submit whatever you’d like-bracelets, keychains, bookmarks, wallhangs, etc. Your highest scoring creation will be entered. Ties will be broken with the second highest, etc. So if two people have the same score but one person submitted 2 creations, that person would win for the month. If both submitted 2+ creations, whoever scored highest with their second bracelet wins.

✨NOTE ✨Since this challenge is very simple, you must knot the moon into your creation. You may still add pink charms/beads/etc. but please choose a pattern with a moon already in it!

🌕DUE: April 30th. Winners announced on the 1st of May, right before the new challenge is announced!🌕
Late entries are always accepted but at a point deduction for the year-long challenge.

🌷Monthly Challenge Prizes
🥇1st: Shoutout in my bio for the month, 5 bonus points in yearly challenge, loves on 5 patterns
🥈2nd: 3 bonus points in yearly challenge, love on 5 patterns
🥉3rd: 1 bonus point in yearly challenge, love on 3 patterns

If you’d like to view the rules and prizes for the year-long challenge, they’re all here: https://www.braceletbook.com/forum/9_challenges/33273_2024-lunar-calendar-challenge-sign-upsrules/#460145
As well as in the powerpoint: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FEV1v5ZQJrAyT_R0YIbctDTYZIzA5D6CYuJ-VxW2AN8/edit?usp=sharing
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
I also have updated scores for the Year-Long Challenge! Almost everyone that is currently in the “star gazer” category is literally like one or two points away from Shooting Star! This month is going to be sooo exciting, y’all!
🧑‍🚀 Space Cadet (41-60pts): @stefs_Stuf - 54.25 pts | @FlowerB - 45.25pts
🌠Shooting Stars (21-40pts): @vale_23 - 34.25 pts | @J3ssica - 33.75pts
🔭Star Gazers (10-20pts): @Grenda - 20pts | @jagajaga13 - 19pts | @Unicorns4 - 19pts | @AlmaLlama - 13.5pts
🌛 Moon Lovers: @Duality 222 - 8.25 pts | @8renda - 7.5 pts | @karalee98 - 6.75 | @4741119 @BlueCat123 @Fronkie_ @Kaily @Orsi13 @irib 1pt
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
@Duality222 ^
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
1 month ago by J3ssica
I thought April was the Fish Moon?
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
Fish moon is one of the other names for it! But the name in the Farmers Almanac which I've been going off of is the Pink Moon.
Grenda
Bracelet King
Grenda
1 month ago by Grenda
Can I do #85509 as my first one? I have added a variation to it as well. Can I also use this for another challenge I’m in? If not, it’s fine.
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
@Grenda yes that looks great!
jagajaga13
Bracelet King
jagajaga13
1 month ago by jagajaga13
Can I do #139666?
cheeewy
Skiller
cheeewy
1 month ago by cheeewy
hii can i join this challenge with #26521 ??
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
@jagajaga13 looks great, I love the colors!
@cheeewy of course, welcome to the challenge! 🌝🌷
jagajaga13
Bracelet King
jagajaga13
1 month ago by jagajaga13
sorry I changed my mind, I will do #139665
FlowerB
Bracelet King
FlowerB
1 month ago by FlowerB
I'm going to do #138730 for my first one! Also just for clarification does the moon have to be a *Full* moon? Or will any moon phase and pink fit the theme?
8renda
Bracelet King
8renda
1 month ago by 8renda
Can I do #165357?
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
@jagajaga13 looks good!
FlowerB: I would prefer either a full moon or at least that the moon is the focus of the bracelet, if that makes sense 🙂
8renda: Yes, looks great! I want to make that one day too, the pattern is so cool.
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
@FlowerB @8renda
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
Alrighty everyone, I am finally caught up on giving out prizes for February and March! Although I don't plan on getting behind again it was sort of cool to see what everyone has been up to in the month or so since I've been gone!! Can't wait to see what other cool stuff we all make, and new friends we pick up along the way! 🎉

Also, exciting stuff: @stefs_Stuf and @FlowerB are the first two people to get enough points in the year-long challenge for a custom avatar!! I can't wait to start designing those and seeing them around on the site!
FlowerB
Bracelet King
FlowerB
4 weeks, 1 day ago by FlowerB
@sophlove21 My photo was accepted for #138730 I made a variation for this pattern as well, and I only used black, pink, and an iridescent white.
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
4 weeks, 1 day ago by J3ssica
@sophlove21 u said, we get extra points for just using only black and white and pink. But would it be ok if I used a little grey or silver? Would it still count?
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
4 weeks ago by sophlove21
@J3ssica that works! I feel like I never have grey string somehow so I didn't really think about it. Great question!
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
4 weeks ago by J3ssica
I have a couple greys but not much n I think like a silver n I have a few like bluish greys. I just want a little more color in my moon.