🌱🌼 Grow Your Own Garden Challenge 🌷👩‍🌾 (round 3 // sign ups closed)
gaily_gal
Bracelet King
gaily_gal
1 month, 1 week ago by gaily_gal
Hi guys! Welcome to round 3 of the 🌱🌼 Grow Your Own Garden Challenge 🌷👩‍🌾

The theme for this round is … homegrown food!!
What fruits and/or veggies can you grow in a garden? (eg. 🍎🍓🍅🥕🥬🥔🫐)

RULES:
→ Let me know your chosen pattern(s)
→ Make a bracelet/keychain/wall hanging/etc. of the pattern
→ Put “Grow Your Own Garden 👩‍🌾🌱 Round 3” in your photo (optional, but preferred)
→ Also let me know when your photo is up

DEADLINE:
April 4 (if you need an extension I can give max 3 days)

JUDGING:
→ Creativity /3
→ Overall neatness /3
→ Photo quality /2
→ Fits the theme /2
Total possible points /10

PRIZES:
There will be no prizes or placements at the end of each individual round, but what you make does contribute to the overall prize, based on the point system

CHALLENGE OUTLINE:
If you need to refresh your mind with how the challenge works, go here:
https://www.braceletbook.com/forum/9_challenges/33651_grow-your-own-garden-challenge-sign-ups/#467639

Feel free to ask any questions, I’m more than welcome to answer them!
Happy knotting and have fun!
gaily_gal
Bracelet King
gaily_gal
@AlmaLlama @leviOsa_09 @karalee98 @Grenda @mags11 @fishyknots @Beeskin @adriels422 @EggMan @allibrace @humanonion @chunkypetr @hana-mana @J3ssica @Orchidstre @masi_g @SarhsKnots @zielony_sz @Mirabelle_ @RK1234 @icklesoph @IloveLarry
Beeskin
Bracelet King
Beeskin
1 month, 1 week ago by Beeskin
I’ll do #127818 if that’s okay
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
1 month, 1 week ago by J3ssica
@gaily_gal I think I know what pattern I want to do for this. I'll just need to check n see if I have the colors I need. I should. And... I'm definitely going to need the extension. I apologize. I had an infection in my thumb and it is still trying to heal. I literally lost a layer of skin yesterday on it. Smh that n I have 2 patterns due the 31st n one due the first. Pretty please, may I have a little more time?
Orchidstre
Bracelet King
Orchidstre
1 month, 1 week ago by Orchidstre
id like to do #163344
adriels422
Professional
adriels422
1 month, 1 week ago by adriels422
May I do #128054?
humanonion
Bracelet King
humanonion
1 month, 1 week ago by humanonion
Is crocheting allowed?
gaily_gal
Bracelet King
gaily_gal
@Beeskin @Orchidstre @adriels422 those patterns are great!

@J3ssica oh my gosh I hope your thumb is okay! yes I can give an extension! would 5 days or a week instead of three be okay?

@humanonion of course!
Orchidstre
Bracelet King
Orchidstre
1 month, 1 week ago by Orchidstre
My photo's up
humanonion
Bracelet King
humanonion
1 month, 1 week ago by humanonion
Ok!
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
1 month, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
hi can I do #165843? (:
gaily_gal
Bracelet King
gaily_gal
@Orchidstre looks great!!

@AlmaLlama yes ofc!
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
@gaily_gal I want to do #158792 n an extension would mean the world to me. Ty so much. My thumb is still kinda messed up. A whole layer of dead skin came off. N I am not trying to stir trouble but.... How come people are being allowed to run patterns of fruit that doesn't grow in a garden? 🍒 R grown on trees n 🥝 r grown on vines n r difficult to grow cause, u need both male and female. I'm sorry. I'm just pointing out the obvious since this is supposed to be a garden challenge.
gaily_gal
Bracelet King
gaily_gal
@J3ssica I guess in my mind I kind of just decided to make an exception for any fruit of vegetable that you can grow since there’s not a whole lot of (nice) patterns you can find of lettuce and potatoes right? 😂 also I hope your thumb heals quickly and yes the pattern you chose would be great!
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
@gaily_gal I understand. I'm just autistic and stuff like that bothers me for whatever unknown reason. Lol n there really is not much to choose from veggie wise. It's y I'm going with a pretty pumpkin pattern. Also, when will my pattern be do n what can I use instead of a dowel rod? My dowels r kinda small and I am having a problem with patterns this size cause, some patterns need to be pulled out some n I can't do so. I don't want to run another beautiful pattern only for it to be all bunched up. HELP! I was thinking about using a ✏️ but they r so much thicker than a dowel. I don't know what else I have that I can use though.
hana-mana
Professional
hana-mana
1 month, 1 week ago by hana-mana
@gaily_gal just finished my first keychain!! Sorry I didn’t ask about the pattern first I just got so excited I forgot lol 😅 I did pattern 94726! I submitted the photo so I’ll let you know when it gets accepted!
zielony_sz
Skiller
zielony_sz
1 month, 1 week ago by zielony_sz
@gaily_gal just submitted a photo for my round 2 entry, I will let you know when it will get accepted. Again, sorry for being late
hana-mana
Professional
hana-mana
@gaily_gal I’m going to make my next keychain! I’m think I’ll be doing 155770
gaily_gal
Bracelet King
gaily_gal
@J3ssica maybe you could try using bamboo sticks or barbecue skewers??

@hana-mana both patterns are awesome! and I’m excited to see your first photo 😄

@zielony_sz no worries! you really aren’t that late 😉 (if I’m being honest I haven’t even started judging round 2’s submissions yet since I’m so busy atm so you’re all good 😅)
hana-mana
Professional
hana-mana
@gaily_gal I… made another one… I forgot to ask again lol but it’s pattern 82021 and I submitted the photo so I’ll let you know when it gets accepted same for the other two!