What brand of Embroidery Floss do you use?
fire31
Professional
fire31
4 years ago by fire31
I prefer to make bracelets with embroidery floss and I’ve been running low. Usually I use DMC but I’m also finding it’s on the more expensive side. What kind do you all use?
nightfrog
Advanced
nightfrog
4 years ago by nightfrog
I use DMC and Loops & Threads
nightfrog
Advanced
nightfrog
4 years ago by nightfrog
@fire31 hoped that helped
fire31
Professional
fire31
4 years ago by fire31
@nightfrog everything helps 😁. Thanks
nightfrog
Advanced
nightfrog
4 years ago by nightfrog
@fire31 np I love to help out
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years ago by Someone_
As well as DMC, I use Anchor and a much cheaper brand called Moonbrand, that's for embroidery floss.
I also use a lot of different brands for crochet thread.
What you could do to save on expenses is with colours you use a lot of (like black and white) you could purchase a ball of Crochet Thread which lasts a long time, and you could make a lot of bracelets with them for Normals and Alpha's. Size 5 of crochet thread is the best for bracelets as when you are knotting you can't tell the difference between the two knots from both types.
Perle Cotton also tends to be on the cheaper side, and DMC are a great brand for that.
KikiLilou
Bracelet King
KikiLilou
4 years ago by KikiLilou
I normally just buy large and cheap packs of thread from amazon and I'm completely fine with it. For black and white I use a pack of 96 from Pllieay (or so...).
But I also gonna buy some multicoloured thread from DMC on Etsy, because I can't find any on amazon sadly.
helana_28
Advanced
helana_28
4 years ago by helana_28
I use yarn haha
orange109
Professional
orange109
4 years ago by orange109
I use amazon to buy my thread there is a brand called pllieay which is a very good brand I also recommend dmc thread it’s a bit pricey but it’s so soft and nice to work with.
Akwhitney
Skiller
Akwhitney
4 years ago by Akwhitney
I like DMC as well
zer0zer0
Advanced
zer0zer0
4 years ago by zer0zer0
DMC and Anchor
Meowknotss
Bracelet King
Meowknotss
4 years ago by Meowknotss
i am thinking of ordering le peon thread has anyone tried it? I'm concerned about it breaking to easily D:
kodafaithh
Skiller
kodafaithh
4 years ago by kodafaithh
I want to try Lovimag from Amazon, there is a pack of 447 colors for $29 but I don't know how many of the reviews are legit. Some reviews say they are better than DMC, sadly almost all of their thread is out of stock. If anyone has tried this brand let me know, I think I'm still going to buy a pack even if its a smaller and cheaper pack and review it once its back in stock.
uwucorgi
Bracelet King
uwucorgi
4 years ago by uwucorgi
I just use the cheap iris craft thread most of the time and it works well and the packs come in a variety of colors!! Recently, though, I've been changing up what I use a bit to incorporate other brands (as in DMC but thats not the point of your quetion)
izzygirl
Bracelet King
izzygirl
4 years ago by izzygirl
I use loops and thread
Disney12
Bracelet King
Disney12
4 years ago by Disney12
I use DMC, Loops and Threads, and Hobby Lobby's brand. ( I don't remember the name of it )
isacooper
Professional
isacooper
4 years ago by isacooper
I love Loops and Threads embroidery floss and craft cord and is prob the best economical option imo. I buy the giant 235 skein pack at Michaels (and they often have 50% off deals if you’re on their email list) for less than $40
Andyish
Bracelet King
Andyish
4 years ago by Andyish
some random brand from amazon like a 140 pack. it is: LOVIMAG premium rainbow color embroidery floss 140 skeins per pack.
Andyish
Bracelet King
Andyish
4 years ago by Andyish
go go go michaels has loops and thread black 36 count for 2.47 XDDD
thegothics
Professional
thegothics
4 years ago by thegothics
I prefer using DMC pearl cotton, as it's shinnier and very pretty in my opinion. I also own tons of craft thread, the kind you get in lots, but I found that to be cheap most of the time and it always ends up breaking.

Not a fan of using embroidery floss because I found it cuts into my fingers more, but when I did, it was almost exclusively DMC. The quality is just amazing and they are so pretty.