What brand of Embroidery Floss do you use? page 2
DBOE
Bracelet King
DBOE
4 years ago by DBOE
@thegothics OH YESH I LUVE PEARL COTTON FROM DMC - it’s just... They cost a lot... I started to use J.&P. Coats buuuuuuut... You only get the small 8m/8.75yd skeins (as far as I figured it out) -it never broke in my hands so far, but it’s bleeding out the color like crazy - and that stresses me out - so I stocked my thread budget a little bit up and ordered some Loops and Threads (just 250skeins - totally normal to buy that much thread *caught caught*) - and I don’t have any guarantee that they won’t bleed, but conditioning does usually help, so in the worst case I’ll keep doing that...
_emmak
Bracelet King
_emmak
4 years ago by _emmak
I usually use DMC embroidery floss, but when I first started to make bracelets I used prism thread, which is a lot stiffer and a bit harder to work with. I prefer to use DMC though!
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
4 years ago by BeadGirl16
I mostly use DMC. I get it from Micheals but I generally don’t buy it without some kind of discount. Taking the survey is a good way to get 25% off your next in store purchase. I’ve also used J&P Coats which is nice, but maybe a little thicker than DMC and I’m not sure if they can be purchased individually, but that’s the only negative thing I have to say about it.
Artist07
Bracelet King
Artist07
4 years ago by Artist07
I don't use any thread brand in particular, I just use thread from Walmart in like a 180 pack for like 10 bucks and it works just as well as DMC, Hoped it helped! I just like to keep things quality but cheap, and this tread works amazing for that!
Artist07
Bracelet King
Artist07
4 years ago by Artist07
I don't use any thread brand in particular, I just use thread from Walmart in like a 180 pack for like 10 bucks and it works just as well as DMC, Hoped it helped! I just like to keep things quality but cheap, and this tread works amazing for that!
forsure
Professional
forsure
4 years ago by forsure
I like using DMC but I mainly buy my threads from amazon
Andyish
Bracelet King
Andyish
4 years ago by Andyish
@kodafaithh lovimag is pretty great. I use it.
Meowknotss
Bracelet King
Meowknotss
4 years ago by Meowknotss
I got the Le Peon thread and it works pretty great 😄
zarahlmao
Bracelet King
zarahlmao
4 years ago by zarahlmao
i love using prism brand embroidery floss, i found a pack of like 115 at Joann’s and now i’m buying cheap amazon thread because of quarantine 🙂
IngaK
Beginner
IngaK
2 years, 3 months ago by IngaK
I personally use DMC and also with threads. But long time ago I shifted to machine embroidery it is efficient and convenient.
IngaK
Beginner
IngaK
2 years, 3 months ago by IngaK
I have also read about using DMC and threads etc on http://embroik.com/. Its amazing.
tsfan
Skiller
tsfan
2 years, 2 months ago by tsfan
I don’t use embroidery floss. I use normal sewing thread, then I cut four strands then I tie them together, but I’m thinking about getting craft string.