PERIODS SUCK page 3
minutcraft
Bracelet King
minutcraft
3 years ago by minutcraft
@riley_fxX a valid concern. Leaks sometimes happen, especially when you’re just getting used to the duration and pattern/heaviness of you own cycle or a specific product. But you will get better with experience. 🙂
minutcraft
Bracelet King
minutcraft
3 years ago by minutcraft
@unicorn_70 Since you’re still schooling from home, it may be a gd opportunity to find out what you can or cannot do comfortably while on a period (that way, if any leaks, etc. occur, you can just get clean replacement clothing/pop into your bathroom to clean up.)
unicorn_70
Bracelet King
unicorn_70
3 years ago by unicorn_70
@minutcraft yea
allialexis
Bracelet King
allialexis
3 years ago by allialexis
If u have bad cramps then use a rice sock! I play soccer so I just grabbed an old soccer sock (any long big sock will work) and filled it with rice and tied it up. Whenever u need it just heat it up for 30-45 seconds in the microwave and then lay it on ur stomach or wherever the cramps are (:
Nanna_Ozzy
Bracelet King
Nanna_Ozzy
3 years ago by Nanna_Ozzy
Ok this is probably the last thing that you want to do, but exercise helps a lot! It makes it lighter, and helps with cramps.
Chaty_Chun
Bracelet King
Chaty_Chun
3 years ago by Chaty_Chun
Wanna know the best way to deal with periods ? Remove thy uterus
Chaty_Chun
Bracelet King
Chaty_Chun
3 years ago by Chaty_Chun
I’m joking btw but periods suck lol
GenMalucci
Bracelet King
GenMalucci
3 years ago by GenMalucci
@Nanna_Ozzy I didn’t know that but I’m definitely gonna do more exercise now 😂
twiggytape
Skiller
twiggytape
3 years ago by twiggytape
I try to exercise as much as I can on my period, going back to school and being forced to do pe helps a lot
Whats_up
Advanced
Whats_up
3 years ago by Whats_up
@Chaty_Chun Great advice! I just scheduled an appointment with my doctor! Haha
Whats_up
Advanced
Whats_up
3 years ago by Whats_up
I got mines in quarantine and I went biking for the first time and i like DIED! smh I can practically see my mile time being 20 mins long
Professional
3 years ago by 10891089
When mine starts I take a midol right away and then take one once a day for how ever many days I’m on it and it usually makes it not last as long because mine are usually a week long but when I take the midol it’s only like 4-5 days. Pads suck I hate how they feel especially when there is a gush so I go to the bathroom and sit in there for like 10 minutes to wait for that gush to stop and I do that a lot but my mom gets mad and says all your soloing is wasting toilet paper and that it’s not going to stop but I’m sorry I don’t (a little tmi sorry) like the feeling of blood just sitting there and she won’t let me use tampons unless I’m swimming because they’re not good for you. My mom doesn’t get hers anymore but she gets supper crabby and mad at me when I’m on mine like it’s my fault 🤦🏽‍♀️. It also sucks living in a house with 3 brothers because any time I’m upset anything even when I’m not on my period they’re just like you must be PMSing and I’m like really are you serious. It’s a struggle
akanel
Bracelet King
akanel
3 years ago by akanel
mines usually soooo heavy but it lasts for 4 days and i want an IUD but i’m scared to ask my mom bc i don’t want her to think i’m “doin the do” or anything. i also get super bad cramps and i literally explode when i’m on my period. i wouldn’t mind it stopping forever cause i don’t want kids anyway. yeah idk how to manage it
twiggytape
Skiller
twiggytape
3 years ago by twiggytape
@10891089 I know u said ur mom doesn't let u use tampons, but if you have them use them if ur uncomfortable in pads
Stardewfan
Skiller
Stardewfan
3 years ago by Stardewfan
I agree twiggytape !

I don't know if this is helpful to anyone here but there's this youtuber called Erin or "BeautyCreep" (she used to do videos about makeup tips and still does videos on ghosts and ghost hunting).
She talks about different period products and reviews them.

Hope it's okay to put a link here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAAfWPIwA9PtTPK2fQjR2AmARlGtv-9Bc

If anyone here has access to a general doctor you could ask them about delaying menstruation with the pill, or the birth control patch (it's kind of like a nicotine patch and works the same as the pill, stays on even if it gets wet and you don't have to worry about forgetting to take it). Some of this stuff doesn't stop your period but can make it really light.
GenMalucci
Bracelet King
GenMalucci
3 years ago by GenMalucci
@10891089 same here. I have five brothers and I don’t think they notice but yeah.... it’s kind of annoying
twiggytape
Skiller
twiggytape
2 years, 12 months ago by twiggytape
I'm so scared this month I have to ask my mom for more stufffffff eek
minutcraft
Bracelet King
minutcraft
2 years, 12 months ago by minutcraft
Mmmm I saw a video by an OBGYN Youtuber, Mamma Doctor Jones, that covers the basics about periods (including cramps and treatments). She also has a lot of other videos on various topics related to having a uterus.

I'll post the link in a follow up comment for the specific video about the basics regarding periods, in case it's not appropriate and moderators want to remove the link. But you can generally find her channel through a quick Google search.
minutcraft
Bracelet King
minutcraft
2 years, 12 months ago by minutcraft
The YouTube video in question: https://youtu.be/Ez88w5dd1oU
chloe_f_a
Bracelet King
chloe_f_a
2 years, 12 months ago by chloe_f_a
Menstrual cups for the win y’all. They are seriously so helpful and comfortable!!! Life changing🤍