Does anyone else’s back hurt while tying?
marce11a
Bracelet King
marce11a
1 year, 11 months ago by marce11a
And does anyone have any suggestions about how to deal with it?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 11 months ago by halokiwi
I would recommend switching your position regularly. I think the biggest reason for back pain is sitting still - and if you then also sit in a weird position, it's even worse.
GittyFRDMN
Bracelet King
GittyFRDMN
1 year, 11 months ago by GittyFRDMN
I personally had really bad back pain and when I got a squishmallow I realized I can use that for my back and my backs been much better
GittyFRDMN
Bracelet King
GittyFRDMN
1 year, 11 months ago by GittyFRDMN
You can phrchase a squishamallow for under 25$ on Amazon
JazzBerry
Skiller
JazzBerry
1 year, 10 months ago by JazzBerry
Yes. I think it’s kind of a running joke among artists and bracelet makers that our backs hurt because we sit like “shrimp” lol. Just take regular breaks and stretch and it seems to help.
KuteKat
Bracelet King
KuteKat
1 year, 10 months ago by KuteKat
My back always starts hurting so what I'll do is after each bracelet segment I stand up, take a lap around the house, do a few handstands or stretches then go back to knotting, it usually only takes about 5-10 minutes and also gives my eyes a chance to rest.
strella
Bracelet King
strella
1 year, 10 months ago by strella
@JazzBerry love your expression "shrimp"

I like to sit on an adjustable chair, so you can choose the height. My problems are more my shoulders since I always kinda tense them and never relax them. 🤔 🤨
Maybe you can find a spot where you can stand, so you can switch it up a little bit where you're knotting.
babymilk
Professional
babymilk
1 year, 10 months ago by babymilk
I already have back problems as is and making bracelets definitely makes its 10x worse. A lot of people are saying squishmallows and those are great they helped me a lot. However, I found that investing in a chair pillow helped my back a lot more. It helps me sit up better and makes my back pain more tolerable. I also have a posture corrector to help me sit up because like I said I have back problems to begin with but that helps too. You don't necessarily need a posture corrector, you can just try and sit up straight. Before I had any squishmallows or my chair pillow I used to grab random pillows and cushions and prop them behind my back and that helped too. I also tend to switch seating positions every 15-30 minutes so I dont cramp or dont hurt as much.
gobcooties
Advanced
gobcooties
1 year, 10 months ago by gobcooties
I have noticed this, and I tend to just try and switch locations if I can't get comfy. If I was feeling fine at the beginning I just move the bracelet up or move my chair. I also just stretch my back and do a couple yoga poses when I start feeling it. The only way I can think of to completely avoid having to be uncomfortable at some point is to try to elevate the bracelet if possible.
FennaBoom
Advanced
FennaBoom
1 year, 10 months ago by FennaBoom
Yes, I have it to. The thing that helps me is regularly switch from position!
kk221194
Advanced
kk221194
1 year, 9 months ago by kk221194
Yes and what I do is I prop up my legs and put a pillow so I can knot and watch tv at the same time
behappy8
Bracelet King
behappy8
1 year, 6 months ago by behappy8
what i like to do is set a timer for 5 minutes and when it goes off stretch your back/ shift positions and repeat until your bracelet is done. Happy knotting!
ArtsyAnna
Bracelet King
ArtsyAnna
1 year, 6 months ago by ArtsyAnna
If you are slouching and looking down it bends your back like you are bending down and this can cause the pain. I would recommend having some kind of back support try to move around regularly
rstring5
Bracelet King
rstring5
1 year, 6 months ago by rstring5
All the time! if anyone has any tips please let me know!!!
sheildagnt
Skiller
sheildagnt
1 year, 6 months ago by sheildagnt
here's my go-to fix, its like a factory reset for pain https://funsubstance.com/fun/414228/some-yoga-training-can-cure-your-backache/
spyderwebs
Professional
spyderwebs
1 year, 5 months ago by spyderwebs
definitely recommend the yoga poses! i do a lot of art and i’m a uni student so always studying so my back is constantly getting sore from slouching over things! it got so bad i had to go to a physio and they showed me heaps of yoga poses to do and they work wonders 🙂 and recommended if i’m working on my art or studying i get up and walk around for a couple minutes every half an hour
Delaneybo
Professional
Delaneybo
1 year, 4 months ago by Delaneybo
My neck hurts when I make bracelets from a desk, so I usually will sit on my bed or on this chair that I got from target. I use a squishmallow (but 2-3 regular pillows and maybe like a throw pillow for your neck if you have that chair I'm talking about, which will work fine) then I like a nice clipboard, not one with the little black things and the backing of the clip but the one that is kind of sharp I find it holds the bracelet still well, then I sit with my knees close to my chest and the clipboard on my lap. I will have my pattern printed and tapped on the board.
Delaneybo
Professional
Delaneybo
1 year, 4 months ago by Delaneybo
But of course, when I am filming knot with mes I need to use my desk, haha, and that has clearly been answered.
Remah
Skiller
Remah
1 year, 4 months ago by Remah
I feel like I’m 90 while I’m only 26😭
dojac
Bracelet King
dojac
1 year, 3 months ago by dojac
i usually sit on the floor and tape my bracelet to something a little above eye level. that way im not hunched over while working on it