how can i get out of my bracelet slump i’ve been in for almost a year?
Mes_07
Bracelet King
Mes_07
2 years, 2 months ago by Mes_07
pls help 🙂
Books4Ever
Bracelet King
Books4Ever
2 years, 2 months ago by Books4Ever
Maybe watch a favorite show while doing it? That’s how I get out of mine
_Ederle_
Bracelet King
_Ederle_
2 years, 2 months ago by _Ederle_
If there are any birthdays coming you could make a bracelet for it. Or you could have a reward for when you are done, like candy or going out for ice cream. Listening to music or watching a show is always fun to do while you make bracelets, easing into it slowly would probably be best. Like do something like a chevron or daisy chain or a pattern you really like and hopefully you can get out of your slump! Good luck!
mrs_jordan
Bracelet King
mrs_jordan
2 years, 2 months ago by mrs_jordan
I usually look through the photos section until I find a pattern I want to make! Sometimes seeing a completed bracelet helps me!
onaipdance
Professional
onaipdance
2 years, 2 months ago by onaipdance
I look for patterns that I really really love that usually gets me out of them. I had a similar problem last year.
heyitzdani
Skiller
heyitzdani
1 year, 11 months ago by heyitzdani
Personally, i get motivation when my desk is nice and clean it makes me want to make a bracelet. Also organizing all of my strings and all of supplies really gets me in the mood to make a bracelet!
Firekeeper
Bracelet King
Firekeeper
1 year, 11 months ago by Firekeeper
I listen to an audiobook while I knot and I usually end up finishing the book around the same time as my project, so I get the serotonin of finishing a project and a book so the next time I’ll be in the mindset of feeling good about knotting cus I’ll have that previous good experience
marie_k
Professional
marie_k
1 year, 9 months ago by marie_k
i love to watch tutorial or timelapses of people doing them to motivate me ! looking at patterns or colour combo (here or pinterest) also helps me to find inspiration to start again 🙂
xxulbergxx
Professional
xxulbergxx
1 year, 9 months ago by xxulbergxx
i make small patterns like keychains and eventually it makes me want to make bigger patterns
spyderwebs
Professional
spyderwebs
1 year, 9 months ago by spyderwebs
i sometimes get in a bit of a slump when i’m making bigger bracelets with more strings. so i usually start with a small simple bracelet, like a 10 string bracelet that has a rlly simple cute pattern i can just memorise quickly and work on without focusing on it too much
feiwafeiwa
Bracelet King
feiwafeiwa
1 year, 9 months ago by feiwafeiwa
I make an easy bracelet in fun colors! 8-string normals are a good choice, particularly the symmetrical/even ones. I find that once I'm doing it, I start enjoying it a lot more!
(BTW, if you're looking for those kinds of patterns, check my loved patterns)
KacyM15
Bracelet King
KacyM15
1 year, 9 months ago by KacyM15
I try to have a few patterns going at once, so I can switch back and forth! Having a few that you are excited about will definitely help! I have a wall hanging, and 2 keychains going right now! That always gets me excited to knot!
350_Johnny
Skiller
350_Johnny
1 year, 9 months ago by 350_Johnny
i have always measured the string length to the length of my wing span. wing span meaning streaching my arms all the way out from fringer tip to finger tip. I always have just enough string to last me throughout the whole time doing my bracelet. i also would still have enough to put in a small baggy and use the extra string for different bracelet.❤️
spyderwebs
Professional
spyderwebs
1 year, 8 months ago by spyderwebs
also just try to finish a bracelet, even if you have to force yourself a bit. do a very simple very quick bracelet that will work up super quickly and just try and get through it and finish it. i find the satisfaction of finishing a bracelet and having a new pretty bracelet at the end helps me a lot! the novelty of having a new bracelet i just made never wears off, even when tying them sometimes feels like it’s getting old and i’m in a slump 🙂
Crystal130
Bracelet King
Crystal130
1 year, 7 months ago by Crystal130
I was in a slump for a year bur I just go back on braclet book and I listen to audio books while I do it
Crystal130
Bracelet King
Crystal130
1 year, 7 months ago by Crystal130
But
Melindart
Professional
Melindart
1 year, 7 months ago by Melindart
I think that such a good idea to listen to music when you making bracelets and on Pinterest you could find pretty cute pictures about friendship bracelets and I think this is such a good inspiration. Or you could watch videos about bracelet making. I really recommend kinsey b videos, they are absolutely exciting and relaxing to watch.
bigsisg
Advanced
bigsisg
1 year, 7 months ago by bigsisg
What I do when Im in a bracelet slump is turn on my fav movie and make a simple bracelet that won’t frustrate me
Shiny_Gems
Skiller
Shiny_Gems
1 year, 7 months ago by Shiny_Gems
One of my best friends brought up friendship braclets which I hadn't made in over 5 months. Have people you see in person who are curious about bracelet making just really helped me.
Jewelknots
Professional
Jewelknots
1 year, 6 months ago by Jewelknots
I do 3 main things ❤️ 🔥
1: Organize my embroidery bracelets and string
2: put the bracelet materials somewhere where I see them ALL THE TIME and are close to me (next to my bed)
3: Watch a tutorial or a "knot with me" which gives me motivation

Sometimes knotting bracelets are so boring so I watch a show/movie or listen to an audiobook/music!

Hope this helped 😍