Glue?
llama1013
Bracelet King
llama1013
3 years, 4 months ago by llama1013
Does anyone use glue (or something similar) on strings that stick out the back of an alpha? If so, what specifically do you use? If not, is there another technique you use to prevent the strings from fraying or untying? I'm trying to make a few larger keychains and wall hangings as gifts and I don't want them fraying or coming undone, at least not anytime soon
KikiLilou
Bracelet King
KikiLilou
3 years, 4 months ago by KikiLilou
I normally just cut the strings at the back as near as possible to the bracelet so it's just a millimeter at most sticking out. And they didn't untie yet. I guess because they're really tight together they won't seperate.
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
I usually either cut them off or I tie them to another string on the back if they are long enough. If you want a tips and tricks video, here is one I found that @LillyGrace made https://youtu.be/09V-jbn6zug
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 4 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I use clear nail polish to secure knots when I need to.
creative_1
Bracelet King
creative_1
3 years, 4 months ago by creative_1
I also just use a little bit of clear nail polish
awesomelgk
Bracelet King
awesomelgk
3 years, 4 months ago by awesomelgk
I use my hot glue gun
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
I’ve actually heard not to use clear nail polish because if you wear your bracelets, the scrap string on the back will be sharp from the nail polish. Glue is fine though
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 4 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
for keychains and wall hangings i recommend glue. For bracelets since you will be wearing them on your wrist sometimes glue/nail polish rubs and scratches your arm so i would just cut of the strings and not glue them. I did that to one of my bracelets and haven’t had a problem so it should be fine😀
AppleBunny
Bracelet King
AppleBunny
3 years, 4 months ago by AppleBunny
I usually just leave the string out in the open, or cut them really close to the back. If your using nail polish it should only be for wall hangings or anything else that your not going to wear or anyone else is going to wear. If you want to cover up the back of a bracelet I heard you can get some felt, leather or fabric and glue or sew it together.
danielle_3
Bracelet King
danielle_3
3 years, 4 months ago by danielle_3
i use clear nail polish on the back of my alphas. there is not a specific brand but if you have any in your house then that works very well. make sure to cut it really close to the back and then put nail polish over it right after. i have never had a case where the knots come out when i’ve forgotten to do this but i don’t want to risk anything
merryknots
Advanced
merryknots
3 years, 4 months ago by merryknots
top coat for nail polish 💅 the clear one
PFlamingo
Advanced
PFlamingo
3 years, 4 months ago by PFlamingo
I use nail polish (the clear one)
Hedgehog23
Bracelet King
Hedgehog23
3 years, 4 months ago by Hedgehog23
@llama1013 I usually just cut my string closest to the back when Im making alphas. But when Im glueing something to the back of the alpha (or something in that area) I use hot-glue.I haven't tried clear nail polish, where I am its quite expensive (and I dont use nail polish that much). Maybe using fabric glue would work too, I dont have it on hand so I haven't tried it out either.
When I make Alphas for gifts I make sure to take some fabric or felt, I just use hot glue, it works just fine. I hope this helps!
its_jenny
Bracelet King
its_jenny
3 years, 2 months ago by its_jenny
@llama1013 I use Aleene's Fabric Fusion fabric glue
llama1013
Bracelet King
llama1013
3 years, 2 months ago by llama1013
@KikiLilou @oceanknot @2006_Mandy @creative_1 @awesomelgk @Lizzie_Ann @AppleBunny @danielle_3 @merryknots @PFlamingo @Hedgehog23 @its_jenny So sorry, I totally forgot to respond even tho it's been almost two months for most of you. Thank you everyone for your input!! 😊 ❤️
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 2 months ago by oceanknot
No problem!
blahblah11
Bracelet King
blahblah11
3 years ago by blahblah11
I use elmers all purpose glue I LOVE it
Astro_Kn0t
Advanced
Astro_Kn0t
3 years ago by Astro_Kn0t
Fabric glue! It stays much better than normal glue or nail polish.