lost interest
hannah_0
Bracelet King
hannah_0
3 years, 5 months ago by hannah_0
I need a little help. I’ve just lost interest in making bracelets. Which is annoying, cuz I sell them and make them for my friends, who love them! I made them in the beginning of corona, but took a few month long break! And now that I’ve come back, I’m just not interested. Any tips?
jmb2001
Bracelet King
jmb2001
3 years, 5 months ago by jmb2001
maybe try and do a pattern that you really enjoyed doing before and that might motivate you. or look through photos of other peoples creations cause that could give you some inspiration to start again
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 5 months ago by oceanknot
A lot of people suggest going back to a pattern that you love to do, but personally trying new things always excites me. I could never do alphas before, just normals, and I never knew what to make. After I learned alphas though, they became my favorite, now I’m always motivated to make bracelets. I would also suggest joining challenges too because those are really fun and motivating.
graceknot
Bracelet King
graceknot
3 years, 5 months ago by graceknot
what helped me was getting inspired form cute bracelets and finding a pattern you really like and try to make it also if it helps sometimes i just need a break form bracelets
arts_milia
Bracelet King
arts_milia
3 years, 5 months ago by arts_milia
Joining challenges definitely motivates me A LOT! Other than that, I pretty much only make bracelets for my girlfriend, friends and family, cause it’s great making other people happy, so maybe think of something that your friends really enjoy (I make BTS and Harry Potter related bracelets for my friends who are into that). I’ve been making bracelets for about a year and a half now, and there’s still so much to learn, so just wanting to improve my skills motivates me a lot. That’s related to what @oceanknot said, especially regarding alpha patterns. Hope it helps!
Reva_
Bracelet King
Reva_
3 years, 5 months ago by Reva_
When i started making bracelets i looked at the impossible ones and got inspired by it
niamheroo
Bracelet King
niamheroo
3 years, 5 months ago by niamheroo
I tell myself you can't do _______ until you do this much of knotting.

I often find that the first bracelet is the hardest when starting back up.
saher
Bracelet King
saher
3 years, 5 months ago by saher
I just came back from a really long break ! id suggest to watch some youtube tutorials on bracelets, cuz i got motivation from that, maybe you will too!
beep33
Bracelet King
beep33
3 years, 5 months ago by beep33
GET MORE STRINGGGGGGG
NB2909
Bracelet King
NB2909
3 years, 4 months ago by NB2909
i suggest to do something unique that you like and if you lose interest i suggest printing the pattern out and watch tv while doing it!
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 4 months ago by jadeflwr13
it helps to only make patterns you enjoy making, selling your bracelets may get tiring if you don’t sell the ones you enjoy making. its also good to take breaks when you need them, don’t force yourself to continue knotting if it begins to feel like more of a chore rather than a fun hobby. you can listen to something, like music or a podcast, or watch something as well when knotting <3
Moosey
Bracelet King
Moosey
3 years, 4 months ago by Moosey
I know what you mean by losing interest. It's just a thing that happens sometimes. For me I honestly don't force myself to work on a bracelet if I'm not feeling it. When I feel like I might be up for making a bracelet I check out the weekly or monthly challenge patterns and see if I like any of the patterns for the week/month. This way, there is a deadline for me to finish the bracelet which motivates me.
catherine3
Skiller
catherine3
3 years, 4 months ago by catherine3
I lost interest and started up again when I first started I started off with a harder pattern and since it was hard I was more motivated to do it!