alpha patterns!
skittlesss
Bracelet King
skittlesss
3 years, 4 months ago by skittlesss
Hi so I started alphas but I’m not the best them so I just want to find some practice alphas that I can practice. Does anyone know any patterns that are less than 20 strings? Thanks! P.s if you Have any tips/suggestions/tricks that would help me please let me know!😀😀
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
Something you can do is to go to patterns, then filter by amount of strings and colors you want. Make sure that you’re also using the flat alpha and straight edges techniques because they really improve the quality and neatness of your alphas. If you don’t know what I mean by that, here’s a video that explains how to do it https://youtu.be/_YVFAX9sacw

I also would recommend using a slightly thicker string for your base strings as it makes your bracelet sturdier. I use either Loops and Threads craft cord or Aunt Lydia’s crotchet thread fashion 3. A really important tip when making alphas is to always knot with the same thickness of thread and to have all of your base strings the same thickness. It improves the quality of your bracelet overall. Finally, make sure to push up after every row with a ruler, your nails, or some other straight edge to keep all the rows of your alpha even.
zoeyllm
Bracelet King
zoeyllm
3 years, 4 months ago by zoeyllm
@sodapop has some creat ones.
Ruby321
Bracelet King
Ruby321
3 years, 3 months ago by Ruby321
I some patterns you should try is #61893 and #64338.

Some videos you should watch is Marsha Knots flat alpha on YouTube.

The pattern that I made I also think is good for beginners #67943
apurva
Bracelet King
apurva
3 years, 3 months ago by apurva
I have so many beginner alphas in my todo list, you look in there.
apurva
Bracelet King
apurva
3 years, 3 months ago by apurva
But I really recommend #26396, it’s cute and it’s easy!
skittlesss
Bracelet King
skittlesss
3 years, 3 months ago by skittlesss
@oceanknot @zoeyllm @Ruby321 @apurva Thank you all! : )
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 3 months ago by oceanknot
No problem!
Ruby321
Bracelet King
Ruby321
3 years, 3 months ago by Ruby321
Np!