Is there a better/cleaner way for tying knots?
ally_love
Professional
ally_love
4 years, 1 month ago by ally_love
Please lemme know I’m new
Czyczy
Professional
Czyczy
4 years, 1 month ago by Czyczy
Yes, there is tie it very tightly and be careful on what you are doing
ally_love
Professional
ally_love
It keeps coming loose
ally_love
Professional
ally_love
Ok ok ty Czy
Czyczy
Professional
Czyczy
4 years, 1 month ago by Czyczy
Np
Clairibee
Bracelet King
Clairibee
4 years, 1 month ago by Clairibee
Make sure that you are tying the first half of your knot tightly, not just the second knot. I believe Masha Knots has a beginner video all about it but the first half of your knot is what positions it so make sure those are tight and neat.
StyleKnots
Bracelet King
StyleKnots
4 years, 1 month ago by StyleKnots
@Czyczy is right, but be careful about tying them too tightly. The string you're trying to knot may "flip out" of its knot (it's a bit hard to explain but it'll happen if you pull the strings too hard) and the knot will end up the opposite color. A neat and clean bracelet will have knots that are tied equally tight (It'll prevent the bracelet from looking smaller in some parts and larger and looser in other parts). Also, if you ever have to undo a knot, use a narrow object (like a toothpick) to untie it. It prevents the string from fraying.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
Pull the first half of the knot tight before doing the second half of the knot. The first half determines the tightness, the second secures it in place.

Make sure that you're also holding the string you're knotting onto tightly. Pull it straight down, not to the side.

Segment knotting in my opinion can also help because you're more in a flow when knotting.
cgrace270
Professional
cgrace270
4 years, 1 month ago by cgrace270
It may be coming loose due to the brand of string you are using. I recommend DMC!