yarn
pandas21
Bracelet King
pandas21
3 years, 3 months ago by pandas21
Does yarn go good with friendship bracelet string in normal patterns?
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 3 months ago by oceanknot
It depends on the size. I’ve used superfine/size 1 yarn in a bracelet before and the strings were practically the same thickness. I’ve also seen Masha Knots use Alize yarn a lot in her bracelets with embroidery floss and there isn’t an issue. I’m not sure what size Alize yarn is, but as long as the yarn isn’t too thick, I think you’ll be okay
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
Oh and yes, I used the yarn in a normal pattern, but I’ve also seen people use it in alphas. It’s Lion Brand Yarn Summer Nights
pandas21
Bracelet King
pandas21
3 years, 3 months ago by pandas21
@oceanknot thank you!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
No problem!
Crafty_K
Bracelet King
Crafty_K
3 years, 2 months ago by Crafty_K
I use Alize Simli thread. If you live in the US, it is really hard to come by, but a really good place to get it is Etsy. In Russia, it is much easier to get. I don't know about anywhere else, but there is most likely a bunch of other places you can get it. I'm not so sure, but I've definitely heard of Summer Nights, or Einhornwol (unicorn wool), and I've seen people make bracelets with them in it. It looks beautiful, but I do not know how those work while knotting. I hope this helps! Happy knotting! 😄
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
3 years, 2 months ago by crafter83
I use regular sized yarn for normal patterns with 6-12 strings. Any more strings then that and it tends to get bulky. They come out bigger then they would if I used string, but I find it helpful if I want to make a 6 string candy stripe( for example) that is not really tiny. Hope this helps
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
3 years, 2 months ago by crafter83
However, with the type of yarn I use it wouldn’t look good as a mix with normal friendship bracelet string
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 2 months ago by oceanknot
@Update I used the superfine Lion Brand Yarn Summer Nights in an alpha and it turned out okay! I don’t think it affected the straightness of the edges and it was pretty the same thickness of the embroidery floss I used, which was Loops and Threads
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 2 months ago by oceanknot
*pretty much
pandas21
Bracelet King
pandas21
3 years, 2 months ago by pandas21
Thank you everyone for helping!
samin__
Professional
samin__
3 years, 2 months ago by samin__
most my bracelets actually consists of yarn and thread, and tbh i dont think u can tell. they obviously dont have a huge difference in thickness, but theyre not the same size as each other either. for my most recent (stonks), the dark blue is much much thicker than the light blue, and so i knotted dark blue pretty tightly and the light one pretty loosely!
knot2339
Professional
knot2339
3 years, 2 months ago by knot2339
It depends on the bracelet and thickness of the yarn if you do use yarn that’s a little bit thicker than usual make the knots a bit tighter