*patterns looking stretched*
avacodo7
Professional
avacodo7
3 years, 4 months ago by avacodo7
when i make alphas, the pattern always looks stretched out because my knots are elongated (if that makes sense 😂). is there any way to make my knots turn out more square so that my bracelets look normal?
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 4 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Pulling your knots tight should help.
maddigaddi
Professional
maddigaddi
3 years, 4 months ago by maddigaddi
After each row is completed you can use a ruler or straight edge to push/compress upwards before starting the next row
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 4 months ago by jadeflwr13
it would probably be fixed if you made your knots tighter. if you make the first part of the knot tight, the second part basically secures that. you could also fix knots with your nail or a ruler, push them up a little to make rows more even <3
baublesbyb
Bracelet King
baublesbyb
3 years, 4 months ago by baublesbyb
I find that using size 3 crochet thread can also help! It is thicker than regular floss, so the knots are wider. I would also try some other tips suggested in this thread 😊
baublesbyb
Bracelet King
baublesbyb
3 years, 4 months ago by baublesbyb
*use the crochet thread as base strings, not as your knotting string
workmanha
Bracelet King
workmanha
3 years, 4 months ago by workmanha
Oh my goodness I have this same problem it is soooo annoying so thx for posting this forum it helps a bunch <3 Happy Knotting!
mikagoo
Bracelet King
mikagoo
3 years, 4 months ago by mikagoo
i found that using double the amount of base strings fixed this, especially in wall hangings. Instead you wrap your leading string around 2 base strings instead of 1 and it makes the pattern look how it’s supposed to instead of it being elongated. you could also try using a thicker thread for the base strings!
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 4 months ago by stewon6969
Make sure that the first knot that you tie is really tight and so is the second one. Just make sure that they aren't too tight that your bracelet is super stiff but tight enough that your knots aren't being elongated! Does that make sense! If you have any questions you can ask! Hoep you take my advice! Happy knotting!
AJsHere
Bracelet King
AJsHere
3 years, 4 months ago by AJsHere
I've done some really big alphas and have had the same problem. if your bracelet is elongating horizontally, then you should make the knots tighter, if it's elongating vertically, then you should make them LOOSER. I find it's more common that things end up being longer than they should be, the problem isn't that the knots are too big long ways, but that they aren't thick enough. If that makes any sense.
WhyKn07
Advanced
WhyKn07
3 years, 3 months ago by WhyKn07
I'm having the same problem, and I'm already pulling my knots so tight that my fingers hurt! Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm also having trouble with the leading strings showing through the knots. I'm using the flat alpha and straight edges techniques. The bracelet I'm working on now is my profile pic. The arrow is pointing to where I started loosening my knots, and the circles show where the other strings show through.
e_
Bracelet King
e_
3 years, 3 months ago by e_
@WhyKn07 use a ruler or something with a flat, thin edge to push your loosened knots up
Crafty_K
Bracelet King
Crafty_K
3 years, 3 months ago by Crafty_K
Hello! I have had this problem for a very long time. When I started loosening my knots, they turned into more of a square shape. It helps and changes alphas significantly, and I would highly recommend trying that. I hope you find this helpful! 😊
thread3
Skiller
thread3
3 years, 3 months ago by thread3
After every segment or row I push my row up with like a ruler maybe try knotting a little tighter