alpha bracelet base string length????
sha123
Bracelet King
sha123
3 years, 7 months ago by sha123
How long should I make a base string for an alpha bracelet that is 6 inches long. I want to add a twist tie to each end too????
Lizzie_Ann
Bracelet King
Lizzie_Ann
3 years, 7 months ago by Lizzie_Ann
For your base strings, they do r get shorter because you don’t know with them, so if your making a 6- inch bracelet, i would make each tie about 3 inches long, So about a foot long should be good for the length.
kmmorell
Bracelet King
kmmorell
3 years, 7 months ago by kmmorell
My alphas usually measure between 5-7 inches when I do alphas. I do 2 braids on the ends and I usually to about 12 inches just so I'm not struggling to knot or braid at the end. I would experiment with it. It also depends how tight you knot. I usually knot pretty decently, not to tight, but not too loose.
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 6 months ago by jadeflwr13
i tend to cut my base strings around 12 inches, give or take some, which makes my alphas measure to around six or seven inches 🍁🕸🌙
Crafty_K
Bracelet King
Crafty_K
3 years, 6 months ago by Crafty_K
Hello @sha123! I have had this very same problem in the past, and even now. The formula to cut your base strings for any alpha pattern is (tie+(number of rows)+ tie). This can be done by measuring, or just estimating on how much you will need for your ties. And in your case, the base strings should be at least 6 inches long. I would definitely recommend measuring a foot for each base string, because you will want plenty of extra for the ties! I hope this is helpful, and happy knotting! 😊
Knotting10
Bracelet King
Knotting10
3 years, 6 months ago by Knotting10
10-15 inches is a good length! 🙂