First Alpha
Alaa0020
Skiller
Alaa0020
3 years, 3 months ago by Alaa0020
I want to start doing alphas.
So i need an easy alpha to start with
Can someone give me a pattern? And if u know tutorial videos, it would be great.
knotnormal
Bracelet King
knotnormal
3 years, 3 months ago by knotnormal
If you are on the website, every alpha pattern has a video on that page, Alex’s Innovations, Masha Knots, and possibly Kinsey B have tutorials on alphas.
apurva
Bracelet King
apurva
3 years, 3 months ago by apurva
Any alpha with 2 colors and 12-8 strings
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 3 months ago by oceanknot
This is the tutorial that I watched when I first learned how to make alphas https://youtu.be/_YVFAX9sacw

I would suggest that you follow the straight edges and flat alpha technique even though they’re optional because it really improves the neatness of your bracelet (she talks more about it in the video). For a first alpha, just to get some practice, I would recommend #36730 . My first alpha after that was #28885 , but since it has so many colors and color switches , I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it as a first alpha unless you really want to make it. Some other good options are #57316 and #38672
Alaa0020
Skiller
Alaa0020
BRUHHH
Alaa0020
Skiller
Alaa0020
I haveee beeen tryinggg to dooo an alphaaa since i dont how many hours and cantttt
Alaa0020
Skiller
Alaa0020
It’s harddd
Alaa0020
Skiller
Alaa0020
I then tried to do pattern 38672, but it’s not workinggg switching between colorsss
Alaa0020
Skiller
Alaa0020
I was following alex innovation video on alphas but i was having a really hard time and I didn’t have any patience
Alaa0020
Skiller
Alaa0020
Idk maybe im really tired today?? I was kinda losing hope on becoming good lol😂😭😭
Alaa0020
Skiller
Alaa0020
Is this normal?? What do i doo
allialexis
Bracelet King
allialexis
3 years, 3 months ago by allialexis
Can u explain what exactly ur doing and what’s not working?
Alaa0020
Skiller
Alaa0020
I was trying to do the wave bracelet, and it’s the first time i try to do an alpha. It’s only two colors (white and blue). When i switch between white and blue it doesn’t come out as it supposed to. Idk how to explain it, but im finding a real difficulty switching between colors.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
If you are doing the flat alpha technique maybe you can try doing regular colour switches first because they are slightly more simple.
livia997
Professional
livia997
3 years, 3 months ago by livia997
My first alpha was #49753 it was extremely easy and I had a lot of fun making it. If you want to learn how to switch the colors or if your stuck definitely check out masha knots on youtube. She helped me a bunch and I just simply love her videos.
mbracel211
Advanced
mbracel211
3 years, 2 months ago by mbracel211
Hi! I’m a bit confused myself so im here asking for help. When you run out of lead string how do you add more? I watched the Masha Knots video but im still a bit confused about that part.
Alaa0020
Skiller
Alaa0020
3 years, 2 months ago by Alaa0020
What do you do when you finish with the string? Do i just cut it? It won’t untangle right?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
Yeah @Alaa0020 you just cut it but I recommend to wait until a row or two afterwards. I personally feel like it's more comfortable and safer that way but I don't know if that's actually true.