Colour marathon challenge!
Reply
|
poesemiew
Bracelet King
|
1 month, 3 weeks ago by poesemiew
Hai guys! I'm back with another challenge!For this challenge, you'll be knotting things with lots of different colours! Each creation will feature one prominent colour*, and you'll be making many creations over the course of ≈two months. By the end, whoever has the most points will be the winner! Rules: 1. Project must have a clear most prominent colour* (but you can have other colours in your project) 2. You can only submit one (1) creation per colour 3. You must send a message saying what pattern # you'll be joining with, and what colour it will be for 4. Once you've made the pattern, upload a picture with the words "colour marathon challenge" somewhere in it. 5. Let me know when your photo has been accepted 6. Have fun! *except for if you're doing black&white/greyscale or rainbow Colours: Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Purple Pink Brown Black&white/greyscale Rainbow Prizes: 1st place: I will make one of your patterns, 10 5-star ratings on your patterns 2nd place: 3 variations on your patterns, 8 5-star ratings on your patterns 3rd place: 1 variation on one of your patterns, 5 5-star ratings on your patterns Everyone will receive a friend request and 3 5-star ratings at the end Judging criteria: Colour choice: ?/10 Neatness: ?/10 Fits the theme: ?/5 Photo creativity: ?/3 Bonus points: +3 Make a big pattern (20+ strings for normals and 25+ strings for alphas) +1 Make a pattern with no photos Additional info: ▪︎the deadline is October 31st ▪︎Projects can be used for other challenges as well! I highly encourage it, I see this challenge as kind of a background challenge to help you experiment with lots of different colours : ) ▪︎This challenge only allows knotted creations ▪︎the deadline is not extendible ▪︎the scores for all your creations will be counted up according to the judging criteria, and at the end the person with the most points will win ▪︎if you don't have any patterns and you end up on the podium, we can discuss an alternative prize for you Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Good luck everyone |
|
clean
Bracelet King
|
1 month, 3 weeks ago by clean
i'd love to join! can i do #182053? colour is pink
|
|
poesemiew
Bracelet King
|
1 month, 3 weeks ago by poesemiew
@clean ofc!! I love your pattern choice!
|
|
ab_crafts
Bracelet King
|
1 month, 3 weeks ago by ab_crafts
Hi, @poesemiew! Can I do #213220, with the dominant color (background) being Brown? I started the loop for the bi-weekly challenge, but didn't get past the loop and the first few lines and that challenge ended. (I'd forgotten the color-layout was asymmetrical, and made a normal loop... Had to figure out how to get the strings into the right positions in those first few rows... and that took some extra doing. Didn't have a chance to get back to it last week.) |
|
clean
Bracelet King
|
1 month, 3 weeks ago by clean
hi! my photo of #182053 is up, i think my next pattern will be #168294 for green. i know the background is teal but it's a green toned teal and the colour i'm using is also a green toned teal.
|
|
poesemiew
Bracelet King
|
1 month, 3 weeks ago by poesemiew
@ab_crafts hai! Thank you for joining the challenge! Ughhh asymmetrical strings used to be so hard for me as welll TvT... nowadays I always do a knot over all my strings after my loop so they're one bundle! And don't worry about a pattern not fitting the challenge perfectly! I designed this challenge to be more in the background, to make you consider choosing a colour you maybe wouldn't usually gravitate towards : )). If a project doesn't fit super duper well I might dock a point or two, but don't let that discourage you from entering the project into the challenge! It's all about having fun creating something, after all : D |
|
poesemiew
Bracelet King
|
1 month, 3 weeks ago by poesemiew
@clean your bow bracelet turned out super good! And don't stress too much about the teal, you're all good!
|
|
clean
Bracelet King
|
1 month, 3 weeks ago by clean
hey, my photo of #168294 is up! i'm currently making #107527, but since it doesn't have a specific color, i don't think i'm going to count it for this challenge.
|
|
poesemiew
Bracelet King
|
1 month, 3 weeks ago by poesemiew
@clean okidoki!! I love how your bracelet turned out ^^
|
|
LovelyDay
Bracelet King
|
1 month, 1 week ago by LovelyDay
Can I join? With#207752 for red #134653 for orange #166862 for yellow #191147 for green #191004 for blue #190937 for purple #190998 for pink #190999 for brown #52383 for black and white #207096 for rainbow |
|
poesemiew
Bracelet King
|
1 month, 1 week ago by poesemiew
@LovelyDay haiii!! Ofc you're more than welcome to join! With so many patterns too! I'm really exited to see how they turn out 😊
|
|
ab_crafts
Bracelet King
|
1 month ago by ab_crafts
Hi, @poesemiew! My photo for #213220 has been accepted (Brown was the color) I think this one can have the bonus points applied to it 🙂. Next, I would like to do #82692, in color: Purple. Thanks! |
|
ab_crafts
Bracelet King
|
1 month ago by ab_crafts
Scratch that. I meant #82629 😇
|
|
poesemiew
Bracelet King
|
1 month ago by poesemiew
@ab_crafts ooohhh your bracelet turned out so gooodd!! I kept track of the bonus points, thank you! And good luck with your next bracelet, can't wait to see how that one turns out : D
|
|
Warhorse
Bracelet King
|
1 month ago by Warhorse
Ok, I decided to give this a shot, I'll be taking these patterns in this order and coloring them accordingly for this challenge. This looks like a lot of fun! : )Red: #141327 Orange: #64874 Yellow: #42313 Green: #79814 Blue: #111566 Purple: #166004 Pink: #168438 Brown: #90164 Greyscale: #140443 Rainbow: #139268 |
|
poesemiew
Bracelet King
|
1 month ago by poesemiew
@Warhorse haii!! Thank you for joining! I love the patterns you chose,, you have such good taste! : D
|
|
ab_crafts
Bracelet King
|
3 weeks, 4 days ago by ab_crafts
Hiyee! #82629 in purple is completed 🙂 I'm currently working on a color-matched themed set that is predominantly grey. There is burgundy and it stands out more as the darker tone.. but there's more grey than anything... What do you think? 🤔 The bracelet patterns are - #10968 - #31793 - #165593 (I was thinking I could use just one of the 3 for this challenge...) |
|
poesemiew
Bracelet King
|
3 weeks, 3 days ago by poesemiew
@ab_crafts your bracelet turned out wonderful! As for the grey, I think it's totally fine! No need to worry about it! Just let me know wich pattern you want to enter into the challenge : D
|
|
ab_crafts
Bracelet King
|
3 weeks, 2 days ago by ab_crafts
Okay, thanks, @poesemiew! A photo for #31793 has been submitted: Grey. (It'll likely be reviewed in next 12 hours or so.) Next, I'll be doing #138103 in Red 🔥 . |
|
ab_crafts
Bracelet King
|
2 weeks, 4 days ago by ab_crafts
Okay! My bracelet for #138103 is completed and the photo accepted. ❤️Next, I'll be making #202748 in blue . 🔵 |




