Skiller
bonnibands
1 month, 1 week ago by bonnibands
I’m half way through pattern #56588
eglaf
Bracelet King
eglaf
1 month, 1 week ago by eglaf
I forgot to say earlier but I’ll be working on #148794 and #13217 too!
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
1 month, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
my photo for #93423 is up! I've done 637 knots so far! 😁 Next I'm doing #80563
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
1 month, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
And btw guys I found a new way to count knots in normals (idk if it's easier but maybe some people may find it helpful)
So here's the method : Let's use as an example #75648. For this pattern we have 80 rows. Half of the rows have 7 knots and half of them have 8. So 80 divided by 2 is 40, and to find the amount of knots of the pattern, we do 40x7+40x8 and that equals 280+320=600 knots. And a whole repetition of this pattern are 4 big diamonds (the ones in the center). Most of the people do this kind of patterns symmetrical I'd say, like if they start with a diamond they would end the bracelet with a diamond as well. So a quarter of this pattern will be a big diamond with 2 little diamonds at the top of it and 2 little diamonds under it and that makes 80 divided by 4=20 rows. We do the same thing as we did to find the amount of knots of the entire pattern, so 20 divided by 2=10 and we do 10x7+10x8=150 knots. And if someone does 5 repetitions of the pattern (5 big diamonds with the little diamonds besides it) we do 150x5=750 knots of the bracelet! 🎉 (Unless if they finish the bracelet when the large diamond ends, they would take off only a few knots, which isn't as much if they would count it manually). I will try to use this method, and count the knots for a repetition of the pattern and I would multiply it with the number of how many repetitions I did for my bracelet.

Pheww...that was A LOT of stuff! 🤪 Hope that makes sense and would help at least one person. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me! I'd be more than welcome to help! 😊
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1 month, 1 week ago by kpn
@AlmaLlama dang 😳 smart!
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
@eglaf sounds good!
katdog1210
Bracelet King
katdog1210
1 month, 1 week ago by katdog1210
Can I join? I want to start with #164326 =)
kirchbsi
Skiller
kirchbsi
1 month, 1 week ago by kirchbsi
Can I join?
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
@kirchbsi @katdog1210 of course, excited to see what you make!
kirchbsi
Skiller
kirchbsi
1 month, 1 week ago by kirchbsi
I‘ll start with #161992
LittenGirl
Bracelet King
LittenGirl
1 month, 1 week ago by LittenGirl
Just finished #165190! 436 knots in total ❤️
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1 month, 1 week ago by EggMan
I'm done with the first bracelet, but I'm going to post the picture in bulk, so it's not up, yet. This first bracelet (#64929) ended up being 623 knots. I'll work on #162758 next.
katdog1210
Bracelet King
katdog1210
1 month, 1 week ago by katdog1210
just to make sure, would it be alright if i were to:
-make a bracelet
-post photo of it WITH TEXT SAYING THE AMOUNT OF KNOTs
-comment here that i finished, and tell you my next pattern
and repeat?
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
@katdog1210 sounds good, ty!
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1 month, 1 week ago by EggMan
@AlmaLlama For calculating the number of knots in a normal pattern, you can also add together the number of knots in odd and even rows, and multiply that by half the amount of rows. Using your example of #75648, it would be (8+7)x80/2, or 15x40. The parenthesis is important, yes.

For calculating the number of knots in a finished piece, counting the number of times the pattern was repeated is sufficient. I am not sure why you divided the pattern into 4 parts and repeated the process. If dividing the pattern is required, it would be simpler to divide the final number of stitches, or count the number of repetitions up to the unfinished one, then count the number of rows in the rest of the piece and repeat the calculation process. If the number of rows in the unfinished repetition of the pattern is odd, ignore the very last row, and add it once the calculations are complete. For example, if I am left with 15 rows of an unfinished repetition, I will count up to 14, then proceed with the calculations. In the instance of the aforementioned pattern: 15x7. Once I have my answer (105, in our case), I would add the 7 knots left from before, and reach the final answer of 112. If I had managed one whole repetition of the pattern before these 15 rows, I will add it to reach the number of knots in the whole piece. In our case, 15x40=600. Add 112 to that, and reach 712 knots.

Ends and starts should be counted manually, but it is important to remember that they sometimes mirror each other, and so knots dropped in a teardrop loop, may be filled in by a triangle end.

If any of what I wrote fails to make sense, please do not fear to make contact, either by tagging me, or sending me a private message.
pablotimon
Bracelet King
pablotimon
1 month, 1 week ago by pablotimon
starting with #34294, ill go to row 64 so ill be doing around 640 knots.
jozalyn
Skiller
jozalyn
1 month ago by jozalyn
I would love to join. I'll do pattern #80511. Idk how long I'll make it or if I'll actually do it since it's alot of color switches
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
1 month ago by kpn
@jozalyn yay glad to have you!
Fizzah
Bracelet King
Fizzah
1 month ago by Fizzah
Hey! I would like to join with #61824
Also, I might have exams by the mid June so I don't know what I'm thinking but this is too fun of a concept to miss out so I'll join anywayy!!
Fizzah
Bracelet King
Fizzah
1 month ago by Fizzah
And also, would daisy chain bracelets count?