🌕 2024 Full Moon Challenge 🐛🌸 Worm Moon 🌸🐛 (March) 🌕
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
2 months ago by sophlove21
Alright y’all, we’re going to use our imaginations for this one. . . March is known by many names by many peoples, but the official name in the Farmer’s Almanac is the Worm Moon! I’ve been trying to decide what to do for this month since before I even announced the challenge (at least the Beaver Moon isn’t until November). I think with all of your help we’ve landed on a pretty versatile challenge for this month! 🌷 🐣
🐛History
March’s full moon is called the Worm Moon. According to the Farmer’s Almanac, “The ‘Worm Moon’ got its name because in March the soil begins to warm and the very first signs of life begin to return as earthworms, beetle larvae, and grubs emerge from their winter dormancy. These invertebrates are some of the very earliest spring food sources for birds and animals, including bears, skunks, and other animals emerging from hibernation. The castings (vermicasts, waste from earthworms) left behind enrich the soil and make it possible to begin planting and gardening after winter’s end.
March has a wide variety of names for the full Moon because there are many different things happening as winter ends and spring begins. Names vary depending on their origins from ancient cultures or Native American tribes, regional climates, geography, and even individual dialects.” (More info at https://www.farmersalmanac.com/march-full-worm-moon)

🐛 March Scoring Guidelines
Category - Spring Has Sprung! - Spring is the most magical part of the year to me. In the same way the March full moon has many names based on regional differences, each of us have different “signs” we notice in our environment that mean warmer weather is right around the corner.
For this month all I’m asking is you pick patterns that remind you of the first signs of spring, whatever that looks like for you. When you pick your pattern maybe just say a sentence or two about what the animal/plant/scene means to you!

🌸Scoring
Each of the following categories will be worth 5 pts:
-Pattern choice/razzle dazzle
-Edges & endings
-Knot Tension
-Photo
🐛BONUS POINTS
+1 bonus point for picking a pattern that includes a moon. You can also just sorta knot one into a pattern that doesn’t have one, just make sure to bring it to my attention so you get the points!
March is also reading month! Get an extra point for being a “book worm” and including a book in your photo.
Wall hangings (anything over 1440 knots) also gets a x2 multiplier in the year long challenge! If you need help with the math to see if your pattern qualifies, feel free to ask here or via dm 🙂

🐛Multiple entries
Up to three allowed and encouraged! Submit whatever you’d like-bracelets, keychains, bookmarks, wallhangs, etc. Your highest scoring creation will be entered. Ties will be broken with the second highest, etc. So if two people have the same score but one person submitted 2 creations, that person would win for the month. If both submitted 2+ creations, whoever scored highest with their second bracelet wins.

✨NOTE ✨Using charms, beads, etc. to fit the theme or receive bonus points also counts!

🌕DUE: March 30th. Winners announced on the 31st! 🌕 Late entries are always accepted but at a point deduction for the year-long challenge.

🐛Monthly Challenge Prizes
🥇1st: Shoutout in my bio for the month, 5 bonus points in yearly challenge, loves on 5 patterns
🥈2nd: 3 bonus points in yearly challenge, love on 5 patterns
🥉3rd: 1 bonus point in yearly challenge, love on 3 patterns

If you’d like to view the rules and prizes for the year-long challenge, they’re all here: https://www.braceletbook.com/forum/9_challenges/33273_2024-lunar-calendar-challenge-sign-upsrules/#460145
As well as in the powerpoint: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FEV1v5ZQJrAyT_R0YIbctDTYZIzA5D6CYuJ-VxW2AN8/edit?usp=sharing

Finally, here is a score update for the Year-Long Challenge:
🌠Shooting Stars (21-40pts): @vale_23 - 29.5 pts | @J3ssica - 25.25 pts | @FlowerB - 23 pts | @stefs_Stuf - 21.75 pts
🔭Star Gazers (10-20pts): @Unicorns4 - 15 pts
🌛 Moon Lovers: @Grenda - 8 pts | @jagajaga13 - 7.75 pts | @8renda - 7.5 pts | @karalee98 - 6.75 | @AlmaLlama - 5.25 pts | @4741119 @BlueCat123 @Fronkie_ @Kaily @Orsi13 @irib 1pt
Can't wait to see what you'll be making for this month everyone! I designed a pattern for this one as well that I'm hoping to make! 🎉
vale_23
Professional
vale_23
2 months ago by vale_23
@sophlove21 Hii, I will do #132834. We used to have it all over the yard and you would just know that spring is starting.
I will also do #89765. I used to do chains with daisies, when I was younger, for head like crowns and necklaces also, so they remind me of my childhood.
And I was thinking of doing #79356, if I have time, because I really like to read books. If that last one is ok for that extra point? 😊
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
2 months ago by J3ssica
@sophlove21 ok I will do #138131 cause, I live in rural Tennessee and the first sign of Spring here is all the trees I'm surrounded by turning green again. It's REALLY pretty. 🌝🌲
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
2 months ago by J3ssica
Oops I meant #138141
FlowerB
Bracelet King
FlowerB
2 months ago by FlowerB
@sophlove21 For my first pattern I'm going to do #59885 Daffodils, like @J3ssica I am from TN, here we call them "Buttercups" even though that is incorrect 😅 They are always a good sign here to know when spring is on its way. Whether they are wild or planted.

In 1999, when my mother was pregnant with me, she planted 50 or so bulbs under our large black oak tree with my older sister (4yrs) and my dad. My dad recorded a home video on this day, which has been special to me because he passed away when I was 11 months old. I don't have a good relationship with my family now (because of my sexuality) but this is a "memory" I still hold close to me and a reason these flowers mean so much to me.
jagajaga13
Bracelet King
jagajaga13
2 months ago by jagajaga13
I will do #146941#142791 because first what I see in spring are worms🐛🪱🐝
J3ssica
Bracelet King
J3ssica
2 months ago by J3ssica
@FlowerB I'm not from Tennessee. I was born and bread on Long Island. I been living in Tennessee though for nine years now though n I love it. And.... Them daffodils are blooming girl. Spring has sprung! Lol Oddly enough, I have been seeing mad earth worms lately too. Lol
jagajaga13
Bracelet King
jagajaga13
1 month, 3 weeks ago by jagajaga13
My photo was accepted #146941.
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
1 month, 3 weeks ago by sophlove21
All the patterns look great so far everyone!! Sorry for being MIA for the start of the month, I'm trying desperately to get caught up on school work over spring break lolol. Art school is hard.
Grenda
Bracelet King
Grenda
1 month, 3 weeks ago by Grenda
Can I do a collection of #165519? The first sign of spring I see is that plants start blooming. At the start of every season I make matching bracelets for all the girls in the family to start the new season.
FlowerB
Bracelet King
FlowerB
1 month, 3 weeks ago by FlowerB
@J3ssica Sorry that's what I meant! Right!! I saw like 15 earthworm on my paved driveway the other morning 😳😅

@sophlove21 My photo of #59885 was accepted. Does it count for the x2? I also took the picture with my book "Willa of the Wood" for the extra 'bookworm' point ☺️
FlowerB
Bracelet King
FlowerB
@sophlove21 For my next pattern I'm going to make #119980 Peeps!! When you start seeing these colorful marshmallows on the shelves you know Spring/Easter is here. It's funny though I don't even eat them but they are soo pretty 😍
stefs_Stuf
Bracelet King
stefs_Stuf
1 month, 3 weeks ago by stefs_Stuf
Hi friends! I will be making #159227 if that's ok? We used to live on a street that was full of cherry trees ( they are still everywhere over here..). Every year, the streets turn completely pink due to the cherry blossom; It's really beautiful and it just makes me happy..
jagajaga13
Bracelet King
jagajaga13
1 month, 3 weeks ago by jagajaga13
My second photo is up #142791.
FlowerB
Bracelet King
FlowerB
@sophlove21 My photo was accepted #119980
FlowerB
Bracelet King
FlowerB
1 month, 2 weeks ago by FlowerB
For my last pattern I'm going to make #66189 because it reminds of the Bradford pear trees that I saw in full bloom today 😍 They were absolutely beautiful.
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
1 month, 2 weeks ago by AlmaLlama
Could I do #163463? I think is a really cute pattern and it reminds me of spring 😊 🌸
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
1 month, 2 weeks ago by AlmaLlama
Actually could I change my pattern to #153376? The bees were always something special to me plus the pattern really makes me smile (:
sophlove21
Bracelet King
sophlove21
1 month, 2 weeks ago by sophlove21
OMG guys I'm sorry for being MIA all month!! I'm loving all the patterns people have chosen so far. And I've really enjoyed getting to see all the spring changes around me! I went on a walk yesterday and saw my first muskrat of the season, which is always super exciting to me :3

I also haven't done any of the rewards for last month, I'm sooo sorrry 😭 @J3ssica I'll have your name/creation in my bio for an extra month to make up for it!

Thanks for being patient with me while I work on managing a slightly more demanding schedule!!
Unicorns4
Bracelet King
Unicorns4
1 month, 2 weeks ago by Unicorns4
Hi! I forgot to say which patterns I'm making. I'm going for a butterfly theme because in Guadalajara, Mexico, spring means monarch butterflies and butterflies in general. I love looking out my window and seeming at least a butterfly every day.

I'm doing patterns #41349 (which I'm almost done with) and, hopefully, #125198