Friendship Bracelet Books
olivia7799
Professional
olivia7799
11 years, 5 months ago by olivia7799
Hi
As part of a project I am doing at school I was wondering whether you used any books to get you into friendship. If so, which ones and if not, why not? If you could get a book which would kickstart you making friendship bracelets, what tips and advice do you think it should include?
Thanks a million. I need your va;lued opinions xx🙂
Olivia
pixiewisp
Advanced
pixiewisp
11 years, 4 months ago by pixiewisp
I got started with a klutz book (by Laura Torres) that my grandma sent me. It has your basic patterns with a handful of harder ones, good, clear instructions that are easy to read and understand. I've pretty much memorized the entire book now. 😛

That's probably THE one I would recommend. If you can't find that, my second recommendation would be Friendship Bracelets by Camilla Gryski.

Those are the two books I like the best. They're simple, easy to understand, lots of pictures and step by step instructions which are a MUST have. The knots and masses of string alone can be confusing when you're first starting out, you don't need to struggle with the instructions too. 😛

I'm rather surprised that there aren't more books out there. We should totally remedy that. 😛
olivia7799
Professional
olivia7799
11 years, 4 months ago by olivia7799
Thank you so much for your help!
bunnnies
Professional
bunnnies
11 years, 4 months ago by bunnnies
At Acmoore they have friendship bracelet books near the embroidery floss!
WovenKitty
Bracelet King
WovenKitty
11 years, 4 months ago by WovenKitty
I think it should teach people to tie patterns in sections instead of knot by knot (like the chevron and candy stripe) because you can do that with most patterns. I even saw people doing the celtic knot ones like that!
smigglemax
Professional
smigglemax
11 years, 4 months ago by smigglemax
yeah does anyone know of a book that can teach you the celtic knot cuz mine turns out like a big knot that noone can detangle!
aprow402
Bracelet King
aprow402
9 years, 11 months ago by aprow402
@Smiglemax I saw some crochet patterns which were basically crochet strings tied in a Celtic knots according to a chart. Go to red heart online and search Celtic knot.
arrowhead7
Bracelet King
arrowhead7
9 years, 7 months ago by arrowhead7
I would recommend Camilla Gryski