why does bb not give credit for photos?
mmsthread
Bracelet King
mmsthread
3 years, 2 months ago by mmsthread
This doesn’t mean to be rude i’m genuinely just asking. Why does bb have the rights to repost a photo without giving credits to the original owner?
KrazyKnotz
Super Moderator
KrazyKnotz
3 years, 2 months ago by KrazyKnotz
Could you clarify your concern? I'm not sure what you mean?
mmsthread
Bracelet King
mmsthread
@KrazyKnotz when bracelet book reposts a photo on instagram or pinterest they don’t say who the photo originally belongs to, and in the terms and conditions it does say that bracelet book has the right to repost any photos. I’m just wondering why that is and why they don’t say who the original photo owner is? does that make a little more sense ?
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 2 months ago by oceanknot
I’m not sure if they do this on Instagram, but I just looked at their Pinterest and they do give credit to the user that made it, you just have to click on the photo and it’s in the description
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 2 months ago by oceanknot
Oh wait, I just realized that they actually don’t do that on all of their pictures.
mmsthread
Bracelet King
mmsthread
@oceanknot i just realized as well that they do credit people when they repost on instagram, that’s my mistake. but i’m still just confused why they won’t do that on pinterest 🤷‍♀️
erincostaa
Bracelet King
erincostaa
3 years, 2 months ago by erincostaa
For anyone that doesn't know, a really big bracelet maker on insta, threadsbykate, had a picture stolen from her bracelet book account and they reposted it on pinterest without crediting her at all. It didn't have a watermark, because that shouldn't be necessary, and now she's not getting credit for her amazing work. The bracelet went viral on pinterest, and people started reposting in on insta too. On the bracelet book terms and conditions, it says they can just take your picture and repost it, without credit or consent. I personally feel horrible for kate, because she doesn't deserve this, and she deserves to get consent from bb, and she deserves for everyone to know it was her who made that bracelet. I think this should be addressed more.
mmsthread
Bracelet King
mmsthread
@erincostaa that’s why i was asking my question because it genuinely doesn’t make sense to me and i feel so bad for Kate:/
erincostaa
Bracelet King
erincostaa
3 years, 2 months ago by erincostaa
@mmsthread so do i! she doesn't deserve this 😢