appearance problems
sadnymph
Bracelet King
sadnymph
3 years, 3 months ago by sadnymph
i absolutely cannot stop comparing myself to other girls and it’s really taking a toll on my self esteem. i wish i had a smaller nose and a bigger chest. i always compare myself to girls that my boyfriend calls hot. i asked him about this and he said it felt wrong to say the same about me. and so i compare myself to other people who are prettier and i’ve cried 4 times today because of this. please help
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
3 years, 3 months ago by PugCakePop
I cannot belive that your boyfriend would say that. I'm sorry if I'm being too intrusive or mean, but that's not how anyone should treat you, much less your boyfriend. All of these people should love you no matter what, despite what you look like. Also, I know its hard to do this, but nobody should compare themselves to the people. They might look "hot" but they might not have anything other than that. You have your own set of talents that they don't have, and you are unique and special. In fact,I used to compare myself to other girls everday, but it just made me feel horrible about myself. All this does is lower your self confidence and self esteem. And about wishing you had a smaller nose and bigger chest, remember that looks aren't everything. If someone really loves you and appreciates who you are, they wouldnt care if you looked "hot" like other girls. They would love your personality, and spending time with you. They would accept you for you! Saying this, (I'm sorry if I'm being rude) I don't like your boyfriend. At all. Again, if he really loved you, he would never say "It felt wrong saying you were hot" he would like YOU for YOU, not your looks. My pm's are always open if you want to talk🙂
rumpleknot
Bracelet King
rumpleknot
3 years, 3 months ago by rumpleknot
i completely agree with @PugCakePop
rumpleknot
Bracelet King
rumpleknot
3 years, 3 months ago by rumpleknot
also keep in mind you’re still young, your appearance may change again as you age but that’s not important because you are you! i used to struggle with this as well but remember everyone is beautiful in their own way and you will find someone who loves you for you. i’m sorry to say this but dump the boyfriend no one should ever dull your self worth. i hope this helps, and remember everything is going to be okay! pm if you need anything 😊
sadnymph
Bracelet King
sadnymph
thank you @rumpleknot @PugCakePop ❤️❤️
llama1013
Bracelet King
llama1013
3 years, 3 months ago by llama1013
Same, I agree with both @PugCakePop and @rumpleknot . First of all, you’re beautiful. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. There is no one else like you and that in itself makes you incredibly beautiful and unique. Believe it or not, but I struggle with the exact same thing. I wish my nose was a little smaller and my chest a little
llama1013
Bracelet King
llama1013
So sorry didn’t mean to send that yet. One sec while I finish
llama1013
Bracelet King
llama1013
*little bigger. I’m done growing and I’ve learned that I’m amazing as is. And so are you! You’re amazing! Personally, I also think that your boyfriend is wrong to say that. That’s awful. It should be the other way around. Yeah, he should like you for your personality. I’m so sad to say this but yes you probably should break up with him. Or at least talk to him, more than just pointing it out. Again, you’re beautiful, and do not let anyone tell you otherwise. It’s perfectly okay to struggle, just don’t let it bring you down and cause you to hate yourself. You’re amazing!! I’m sending good vibes and a virtual hug your way ❤️
Cassie989
Bracelet King
Cassie989
3 years, 3 months ago by Cassie989
Hey! No need to worry. You shouldn't compare yourself to other people. You are perfect the way you are! I have acne and I'm always afraid to go out in public, but I always remember that my family loves me and I shouldn't care what people think. Next time just remember that you are your own person, you don't need to compare yourself to others. 😄 I hope this helps you out. 😊 😊 😊
sadnymph
Bracelet King
sadnymph
everyone on this site is so kind
knotnormal
Bracelet King
knotnormal
3 years, 3 months ago by knotnormal
Honestly if your boyfriend thinks that’s ok, then you need to talk to him. You are beautiful just the way you are, also just be you, you seem like an amazing person, and looks aren’t everything, it is a proven fact that if you love yourself and see yourself in a positive image, then you will become more self confident.
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
@sadnymph yep! We're one big happy bracelet community😉
riley_fxX
Bracelet King
riley_fxX
3 years, 3 months ago by riley_fxX
if ur boyfriend does that....it’s not right 😤
Godluvsu
Bracelet King
Godluvsu
3 years, 3 months ago by Godluvsu
honestly, perfect bodies are so overrated. if he is saying that to you, that he cant tell you that you are pretty to then he does not deserve you. you deserve someone that loves you for how gorgeous you already are. beauty is perspective.
B_ridgette
Bracelet King
B_ridgette
3 years, 3 months ago by B_ridgette
@sadnymph im so sorry about that. If he's doing that to you, he doesn't deserve to be with you. I am also feeling a similar way if you want to message or chat I can. ❤️
ajmacleay
Professional
ajmacleay
3 years, 3 months ago by ajmacleay
first off, i can relate with not feeling pretty enough and comparing yourself to everyone else. i know that it’s really hard not to, but i think something that helps is to surround yourself by people who make you feel good about yourself. also, your boyfriend sounds like a jerk. that might sound rude, but he really does. if your dating someone they should not put you down about how you look.
zoeyllm
Bracelet King
zoeyllm
3 years, 3 months ago by zoeyllm
You're not the problem here, your boyfriend is. You need to talk to him. There is nothing wrong with any body type and anyone who compares you to other people that way is not worth it.
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
I agree with @zoeyllm. All body types are beautiful, and those 'perfect bodies/figures' really mean nothing. They are all stereotypes made by people that people now consider the height of beauty. Everyone has a different perspective. Aand about your boyfriend again, please please talk to him. I can't tell you to break up with him, but if it were me, i would not tolerate anyone(especially a significant other) disrespecting me. Please try to explain to him that he should accept and appreciate you for who you are, regardless of body type/looks. And if he doesnt understand, and continues to lower your self esteem, then you break up with him and he can go and date those 'hot' girls that he so adores😤 . You ARE beautiful, and you ARE strong. You can get through this🧡🧡🧡🧡
P.S. I'm really sorry if this offended you in any way. My message might have come out a little harsh...
Moosey
Bracelet King
Moosey
3 years, 3 months ago by Moosey
Please know that you are not alone. I think most of us struggle with some sort of self-esteem problem. But please also remember that you are more than what your body looks like. You have characteristics and a personality on the inside that I'm sure are beautiful. Remember that you were created to be you and no one else, and that in itself makes you beautiful.
ALYSSACHIL
Bracelet King
ALYSSACHIL
3 years, 2 months ago by ALYSSACHIL
I’m not very good with advice, but trust me on this one. Nobody, especially a boyfriend or girlfriend should bring you down that like. They should lift you up and make you feel pretty. I’m not saying you should dump him, but it might be for the best. I was in a relationship like that and it takes a hugee toll on your self esteem. Idk what you look like, but I can assure you that you’re beautiful!! You deserve someone who makes you feel that way. And think about how many times another girl has wished she looked like you!! Find someone who will make you feel pretty and appreciated, not someone who will compare you to other girls and tell you you’re not hot. 🙂