could i cut the strings in tha back off?
-avarxse-
Bracelet King
-avarxse-
3 years, 4 months ago by -avarxse-
my alphas have been VERY puffy lately, and it’s because of the strings in the back are pulling on the bracelet and scrunching it up a little. has anyone tried cutting those off, and if so, how did it go?
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
Yes, I almost always cut the excess strings off of the back of my alphas and nothing has ever happened. You can also glue them down or find other strings to tuck them under, but directly cutting them off should be fine since bracelets are literally made out of knots. Especially, if you use the flat alpha technique, your strings are weaved and knotted in. I don’t wear my bracelets, but I still don’t think it should be an issue.
-avarxse-
Bracelet King
-avarxse-
@oceanknot okay, thanks!
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 4 months ago by oceanknot
No problem
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 4 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I have always cut off the strings from the back of my alphas. I wait until I have done at least 2 rows after to make sure it will not come undone.
SoftAlpaca
Bracelet King
SoftAlpaca
3 years, 4 months ago by SoftAlpaca
For the most part, I don't really have to. I modified the flat alpha technique a bit so that the back looks similar to the front. It's a bit more time consuming but worth it, especially if you're a perfectionist and/or a seller. There are still some strings across the back but I just cut them off. If you need the long explanation, you can always message me 😇
-avarxse-
Bracelet King
-avarxse-
@SoftAlpaca Thank you! it makes sense
SoftAlpaca
Bracelet King
SoftAlpaca
No problem 😘
CakeCup
Bracelet King
CakeCup
3 years, 4 months ago by CakeCup
@SoftAlpaca do you just do the strings going through all the knots even if there isn't a color switch? could you tell me how you do it cause I want my backs to look a bit better.
JBanana
Bracelet King
JBanana
3 years, 4 months ago by JBanana
i just cut the strings at bach verry short like i can't find the tips of the strings after i cut them and its ok it doesn't change anything
SoftAlpaca
Bracelet King
SoftAlpaca
@CakeCup I'm sometimes bad at explaining so please hang with me. I filmed a video on this but I'm not sure when I will edit it and post it and whether BB would accept it. So, now and in words should be enough.

So, when you do a color switch, you bring the old color through the knot of the new color. Right... I sometimes bring even 3 strings through just to make it neat. But you have to make the knots tighter so that your rows are consistent. Your bracelet might be really inconsistent with so many strings inside each knot.

Now for the strategy of why you would bring so many strings through - my goal is to bring them to position that will be beneficial for the next row. It's hard to explain. Imagine you're making a cloud bracelet. You are finishing a cloud on the left side of the bracelet and the next one is on the right side. What you do is keep on bringing and bringing the "cloud color" from left to the right until you are right at the spot where you will use it in the next row. You drop the "cloud color" and continue with the base color. You start the next row and work on it. When working on the actual cloud, I would keep on bringing and bringing the base color through the cloud knots so that instead of a base color stretching across the back of the cloud, there is nothing. Sometimes leaving nothing means bringing one string through, sometimes more. The less the better.

The con of this is that bringing strings through each knot is time consuming. But worth it! ❤️

oh, god, I'm not sure if I explained well. Message me directly if you need more info or the video ❤️