How long do bracelets take to finish?
Kalyee
Bracelet King
Kalyee
3 years, 5 months ago by Kalyee
This is something I'm really curious about. I feel like I'm a really slow knotter, it takes me hours to days to finish my alphas even if I work all day on them. So please let me know how long it takes you to finish your bracelets.
Alpha_S
Bracelet King
Alpha_S
3 years, 5 months ago by Alpha_S
Not just you... I literally take hours to get started and do a single row. Then I take a break and I’m like what did I do for the last 2 hours? *looks down in disappointment realizing how little I did*
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 5 months ago by oceanknot
It can take me a week or two to finish bracelets because I’m not the kind of person to just sit down and knot for hours😂
Kalyee
Bracelet King
Kalyee
3 years, 5 months ago by Kalyee
@Alpha_S exactly! I'm planning on opening an etsy shop soon and I've been trying to figure out how to price things, but I'm worried that it won't be worth it if it takes me three hours to make a keychain and I only receive 5 dollars profit.
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
3 years, 5 months ago by PugCakePop
@Alpha_S same. Once I sat down for literally 5 hours to knot a 34 string keychain and at the end of the 5 hours I only did about 6 or 7 rows. I didn’t take any breaks which was a mistake because I got more and more tired and knotted even slower. I was really disappointed, tired and annoyed. On average it takes me about 3 days to make a 30-35 string alpha keychain because I have school and other stuff. For a full bracelet 70-80 strings, I took about 2 weeks. I am a pretty slow knotter, and I’ve always wondered how others knot so fast. Any tips?
ryans1120
Professional
ryans1120
3 years, 5 months ago by ryans1120
it takes me weeks to finish one bracelet, i can’t just sit down and knot for hours lol.
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
@PugCakePop That’s actually really fast. It literally took me 2 weeks to make a 10 string alpha! It had like 60 rows, which isn’t even that many. The only tip I have though is to listen to a podcast while your knotting. There’s actually a huge variety of podcasts, so find something you’re interested in. That way, you won’t get bored, but you don’t have to keep looking up to watch something.
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
@oceanknot that's fast? Huh, for me it's pretty slow. Once, I was completely focused on a 70 and 23 string bracelet, and I worked really hard on it everyday. Still took me 2 whole weeks 😐. And thanks for the poscast idea, usually just watch a video but then I have to keep looking up. Another alternative is playing some music.
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
@PugCakePop I meant it’s fast that you make a 30-35 string alpha keychain in 3 days cause it would probably take me more than a week. It’s not about how fast you knot though, but it’s about the quality of what you make 😄
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
@oceanknots yes!
love-you
Professional
love-you
3 years, 5 months ago by love-you
Normally, when making a bracelet, it takes 4 to 8 hours if it is alpha, if it is normal, a little less, I admit that when I just started it took weeks 😭