Please helpp...
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 8 months ago by nev_m_07
Hey so I am kinda stuck making a big decision, and I want to make sure that I make the right/best choice.

So I am biracial, and part of united states culture is to throw a sweet sixteen, but part of mexican culture is to have a quinceañera. Because I grew up with a little bit of both cultures, I don’t know what I want to do. They’re practically the same, but there are some differences.

I wad thinking of doing it in the middle of my 15th and 16th birthday because then I could call it like a “Sweet Quinceañera” or something like that. It’s not very traditional, but neither am I, so....

Also my birthday is in february and I really want to have an outdoor party, which really can’t happen in the winter where I live.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask you all because I really don’t know what to do. Please give me some ideas as to what you think. Thanks 🙂
rumpleknot
Bracelet King
rumpleknot
3 years, 8 months ago by rumpleknot
do a half birthday party but it be your birthday party?? like for example i’ve seen people do a pool party in july for there birthday, but there actual birthday is in february.
XxpeachyxX
Bracelet King
XxpeachyxX
3 years, 8 months ago by XxpeachyxX
This is my opinion but, I think u should do the quincé. It has much more culture and deep meaning, ancestral celebrations. Stay with ur culture, don’t let go of it. ❤️
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
@rumpleknot I think I’m going to do something like that because I want an outdoor party, but my birthday is in February. Plus, it always snows on my birthday, so there’s been lots of times where we had to cancel or postpone the party because of the weather.
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
@XxpeachyxX I agree with you. Not many people get to grow up with multiple cultures and traditions, so I should take advantage of what I have because it is special.
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
@rumpleknot @XxpeachyxX thank you so much ❤️. You have made my decision a lot easier.
rumpleknot
Bracelet King
rumpleknot
3 years, 8 months ago by rumpleknot
@nev_m_07 you’re welcome! also you may have to do an outside party because of Covid-19.
XxpeachyxX
Bracelet King
XxpeachyxX
3 years, 8 months ago by XxpeachyxX
@nev_m_07 glad to help ❤️
-avarxse-
Bracelet King
-avarxse-
3 years, 8 months ago by -avarxse-
You could wait until summer or warmer weather to have the party?
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
@rumpleknot well I don’t turn 15 for another year so hopefully this covid thing will be a little more under control by then. We’ll see what happens though...
calamari33
Professional
calamari33
3 years, 8 months ago by calamari33
Quince they are sooo fun
LaylaH101
Bracelet King
LaylaH101
3 years, 8 months ago by LaylaH101
I think you should do what you wanna! Both ideas seem really exciting and I hope u have an amazing bday
marvel21
Bracelet King
marvel21
3 years, 7 months ago by marvel21
I had the same problem! Er my mom asked which one I would like to celebrate, but I don’t really like big parties. I mean they sound super fun and I like going TO them but my idea of a perfect bday is one with my family and my 6 closest friends. ( i know I’m kinda weird 🤪. I also don’t know who I’d invite to a big party 😅) In the end I just ended up going on a trip with just my mom which was super fun cause I got to spend time with just her ( I have 4 other younger siblings so getting one on one time with her can be hard sometimes) I wouldn’t have been able to have a quinceañera on my actual birthday anyway, which was in July, cause of COVID 🙄 so yea. Anyway, I think the idea of merging the two is a good idea that way you kind of get to experience both. And I totally think you could celebrate in the summer or when it’s warmer so that you can have the type of party you want.
bunny9
Professional
bunny9
3 years, 7 months ago by bunny9
Honesty Sweet Quince sounds amazing but there’s just a joy of it actually being on ur birthday
Maybe do on ur 15 because this is a special time and just the uniqueness that comes with it will be with you for a very long time

Orrrr u can just ditch both 😂
Orrrr you can do a party for both either both as extravagant as each other or sum else either way a birthday is a birthday and as long as you enjoy the day sounds like a success to me
sofa27
Professional
sofa27
3 years, 7 months ago by sofa27
@nev_m_07 I’m biracial too, and personally I have only ever wanted to have a quince because it has more traditions and rituals and I feel really disconnected from my Hispanic culture. I think having the sweet quince is a great idea so that you don’t have to chose between the two. I was supposed to have mine in January but that probably won’t happen due to COVID and I was just gonna throw it in my 16 birthday, but I like your idea much better.
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 7 months ago by nev_m_07
@bunny9 I agree that there is a joy of doing something on your birthday, so I might just do something small with my friends on my birthday that way we can get together but not have a party.
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
@sofa27 I feel the same way. I definitely want to do a quince but I feel like it has a lot of religious stuff that doesn’t relate to my religion.
Cirivere
Bracelet King
Cirivere
3 years, 7 months ago by Cirivere
I had to look up both since im dutch, but maybe since you'll prbaby have limited guests and cant really invite anyone other than family (most likely), do the quinceañera ? although it apparently involves dancing so im not sure how thatll go with distancing

either way in my country kids often celebrate a birthday for family, and one party with friends, often at different dates, heck ive had people to wait a few weeks till it's a holiday in order to have birthday party with friends that was celebrated on a day they could have a sleepover. It might be fun to do somethign similar and split it, planning to do one with your closest family as far as they're allowed to visit with covid, and one when the weather is nice and the situation improves!
Cirivere
Bracelet King
Cirivere
3 years, 7 months ago by Cirivere
that is, if circumstances permit you to do so
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
@Cirivere that’s actually a really good idea!