How did you start making bracelets?!
Smileyalot
Advanced
Smileyalot
3 years, 9 months ago by Smileyalot
Kinda bored, so I'm gonna ask how you got introduced/who introduced you to friendship bracelets!!

I remember making Chinese staircase bracelets in daycare after kindergarten and as I got older I improved from there 😊
fia_30
Professional
fia_30
3 years, 9 months ago by fia_30
i learned at my summer camp! thats rly all we do there in our free time so i improved a lot there.
Smileyalot
Advanced
Smileyalot
@fia_30 omg you just took me back to learning candy stripes at camp 😂
fia_30
Professional
fia_30
ik, i used to teach people how to do chevrons because i thought that was like the hardest thing u could do! 😂
fia_30
Professional
fia_30
and now i see bracelet book
Smileyalot
Advanced
Smileyalot
@fia_30 from the ages of like 7-13 I thought there were only like 8 bracelets you could make thanks to a book I had.
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 9 months ago by Someone_
For Christmas, when I was younger my uncle gave me this book on Friendship Bracelets with simple patterns (Candystripe, Chevron, Diamond, Heart) & with it came a pack of embroidery floss; I grew from there. 😊
Knots_EM
Bracelet King
Knots_EM
3 years, 9 months ago by Knots_EM
I think I did Kumihimo with a friend and that was when I started that. I think I was wanting to find more bracelets to do so I found some videos on YouTube. I found a tutorial on knotted bracelets and although I struggled to actually follow the tutorials, they helped me learn how to make the knots and read patterns. I think I have been doing knotted bracelets for 3 or 4 years now.
fia_30
Professional
fia_30
@Smileyalot ik the first time i got on this site i was blown away by how many different types of bracelets there are
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 9 months ago by madeleine_
When I was nine, my mom gave me a book that taught you how to do a chinese staircase, candystripe, chevron, and braid
lil_star
Bracelet King
lil_star
3 years, 9 months ago by lil_star
I was browsing through the internet and found someone making the chevron bracelet, asked for string and made my first bracelet and got interested
Ava7475
Professional
Ava7475
3 years, 9 months ago by Ava7475
I started a few years ago, was ok but pretty bad. Started back up again around a month ago and have gotten so much better!! My cousin made them in a family vacation and I wanted to try. I stoped after I learned that patterns were needed to make patterns other than chevron. During quarantine I got bored and pulled my string back out and started up again!
activmegan
Skiller
activmegan
3 years, 9 months ago by activmegan
i found a load of embroidery thread in my attic and i didnt know what to do with it and then i found out you could make bracelets with it so i started 🙂
Darbe
Professional
Darbe
3 years, 9 months ago by Darbe
My friend introduced bracelet making to me like 2 months ago. I wanted to start doing something new during quarantine anyway xD. It sounded interesting, so I started making bracelets with youtube tutorials with the yarn that I had. I didn't know braceletbook existed at that time. I joined BB a week and a half after I started making bracelets. I ordered embroidery floss as making patterns was very fun 😄.
amwatson
Bracelet King
amwatson
3 years, 9 months ago by amwatson
(Disclaimer: I’m not usually this petty) When the whole VSCO girl trend was going on a girl in my class made some bracelets for some other girls and I decided I wanted to try some harder ones to make for people to show I was better at making them than her, and it just kind off stuck from there. I did end up taking a break for a while but once I found BraceletBook I’ve been making them consistently since then.
49Horses
Bracelet King
49Horses
3 years, 9 months ago by 49Horses
my sister started so i did : )
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 9 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I was introduced to chinese staircases and chinese staircases from my cousin from there I went on to wanting to do kumihimo because my sister and my cousin did it a long time ago. Then on my Instagram I came across bracelet accounts and got inspiration and started making more complicated bracelets. I then started using patterns off of google which has the bracelet book watermark so I figured I would sign up. Then I started to really enjoy my bracelets and now I watch tutorials a lot so I get ideas and I follow lots of accounts on insta for ideas
brob24
Advanced
brob24
3 years, 9 months ago by brob24
my cousin used to make simple ones so I was intrigued, didn't realize what i was getting myself into 😂 😂
Lobster
Skiller
Lobster
3 years, 9 months ago by Lobster
I found a whole tub of string during quarantine cleaning and now I’m here lol
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 9 months ago by nev_m_07
When I was probably seven, my grandma taught me how to make a square knot bracelet, and after making a bunch of those, I tried a candy stripe tutorial and failed so badly that I just gave up completely. I pretty much only made square knot bracelets, gimp bracelets, and rainbowlooms. Then, the whole vsco trend came along and a bunch of my friends were making bracelets and selling them. I looked on youtube, bought some extremely overpriced thread from target and tried again. At first I couldn’t do it very well, but with practice, I got better. Then I tried the diamond bracelet, and then I found bracelet book and what was a small hobby turned into an obsession that I can spend hours on every day! 😄