Mods Copying Patterns
MaeveMakes
Bracelet King
MaeveMakes
1 year, 2 months ago by MaeveMakes
Recently I posted a pattern that I was really happy with. I was especially happy with the concept I created. I can on to bracelet book about 10
Hours after my pattern was posted to see that a mod had completely stollen my concept. I’m pretty mad about this because I am a small created and this extremely popular mod decided to copy my pattern. I just want this person to respond and know that what they did bothered me!
pablotimon
Bracelet King
pablotimon
1 year, 2 months ago by pablotimon
I think I know what you're talking about. (i saw the patterns) and I agree with you 100%. The patterns are EXTREMELY similar and same concept/color scheme. Thats weird. I would try to message them or comment on the pattern. While I understand there are over 100K patterns on here, and some patterns will be similar, that seems like a rip-off. They should've asked you first.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 2 months ago by halokiwi
I'm really sorry, that I upset you 🙂 I thought the concept of your pattern is really cool and also wanted to make a pink lemonade pattern for that reason. Apart from the concept (repeating lemons and strawberries on a pink wavy background) our patterns are very different from each other. They have different sizes, different styles and different amounts of details.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 2 months ago by halokiwi
@pablotimon I'm sorry for upsetting MaeveMakes. I did not think it would upset her. I already replied this to her other forum posts, but it is quite common that there are patterns by different users that follow the same concept, for example shaped frog patterns or cow patterns. These patterns might all be using the same concept, but their art style, details and sizes all vary widely. Several users making patters of the same concept usually doesn't hurt the popularity of other patterns following the same concept.
pablotimon
Bracelet King
pablotimon
1 year, 2 months ago by pablotimon
@halokiwi ok! i understand. both of y’all’s patterns are adorable
brutie_pie
Bracelet King
brutie_pie
1 year, 1 month ago by brutie_pie
OMG! This is not the first time @halokiwi has done something like this. My pattern #48842 is the exact same as their pattern #145607. I had seen the pattern when I came on to bracelet book recently and thought it looked familiar but thought it had to just be similar to something I have seen before. I went to compare your pattern and their pattern at question and saw pattern #145607 and went to my page to compare and they are exactly the same! @halokiwi should have had this pattern uploaded as a variation to my pattern not its own pattern because this is just stealing the work of another creater that is smaller just to make their own platform bigger. Just because you have a ranking that gives you the power to control the patterns on this website doesn't mean that you can steal other peoples art.
bracletwiz
Skiller
bracletwiz
1 year, 1 month ago by bracletwiz
He literally apologized I’m the forum above this lol
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 1 month ago by halokiwi
@brutie_pie I'm so sorry. I did not know your pattern exists.

It is similar, but it is not possible to add a variation to it that looks like this pattern, because your patterns only uses f and b knots.

In my pattern the chevrons and dots are also more to the right than in your pattern, which means a two colour variation on my pattern would also look different from your pattern.

@bracletwiz just in case you are curious about this situation
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@brutie_pie and did you even check which patterns this original post was about? Just like our two patterns, the pattern that I was accused of copying had at most a similar concept to mine. #144287 and #144295 are both pink lemonade, but apart from that very differently.

I think it is a bit unfair to portray me as a person who goes around copying patterns, because I don't. If a pattern of mine would actually be too similar to someone else's pattern, I'd had no problem with getting it taken down. Especially with normal patterns, it can happen that you accidentally create something, that someone else had created before. But in this case, I didn't.
BeetleNugi
Bracelet King
BeetleNugi
1 year, 1 month ago by BeetleNugi
Guys please stop drilling @halokiwi 🙁 They did infact give inspiration credit to @MaeveMakes pattern.
Please take into account that this is a website with a large amount of people, and an even larger amount of patterns; it is very easy to create a pattern that is very similar to someone else's pattern without even realising. Even if you have double checked in advance.

Remember, this is supposed to be a positive space. @halokiwi apologised for any upset this may have caused, let's all move on please 🙏🏻
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
1 year, 1 month ago by Odanak1811
I just want to add here that not every similar pattern needs to be someone stealing someone else's pattern. It has happened a couple of times between big creators that 2 had the same idea and published a similar pattern to someone else's because of that. There's even a pattern I forgot to post and @KrazyKnotz posted the same pattern weeks later because it was a very simple pattern and we got the same idea. And if it wasn't for getting inspiration from other people's patterns, I think Braceletbook would have half the amount of patterns it has now.
EdenB
Bracelet King
EdenB
1 year, 1 month ago by EdenB
tbh I wouldn't be mad at all if someone made a pattern similar to mine. I would just comment and say that their pattern was cute and that they should keep up the great work! and then give their pattern 5 stars! just a heads up!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@EdenB I just want to again say that I did not intend to copy anyone's pattern.

In my opinion my pattern #144295 is very different from #144287

The other pattern turned out to be too similar to another pattern which was #98289 by @sodapop which was a complete accident and I requested for it to be removed instantly when I noticed. Mine was an upside-down version of it which can be added as a variation. Pattern #48842 might be using the same v-shapes and dots, but they are placed differently. If you added 2-colour variations to both patterns, they would still look different from each other.

I hope you can see that and believe me that I did not intend to copy anyone 🙂
EdenB
Bracelet King
EdenB
1 year, 1 month ago by EdenB
@halokiwi ik u didnt and I agree they look very different still I was just saying that I wouldn't be mad and ik that u did not intend to copy anyones pattern remember I got ur back!
gingergaze
Bracelet King
gingergaze
1 year, 1 month ago by gingergaze
In my opinion, @halokiwi's pattern and yours are very different. Finding inspiration from another person's concept is not copying. 😉 😉
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
1 year, 1 month ago by crafter83
@gingergaze exactly! Like that we be saying the evil eye chin bracelet is a copy since it used a chain like the daisy chain.
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
Lol, would be saying the evil eye chain bracelet. Autocorrect where are you when I need you
gingergaze
Bracelet King
gingergaze
1 year, 1 month ago by gingergaze
@crafter83 i agree lol. Many great artists wouldn't have created if they hadn't been inspired by other people's work.
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
@gingergaze my smiley face, sad face, and trans heart patterns were inspired by a pattern of @halokiwi that had the technique of backward knots to create designs in normal patterns. Two of those are my most popular patterns
MaeveMakes
Bracelet King
MaeveMakes
1 year, 1 month ago by MaeveMakes
Thank you all for responding for this issue. But it happened over a month ago so I really think the issue is passed and it doesn't bother me anymore.