Summer camp🙂
ponygal
Bracelet King
ponygal
11 years, 1 month ago by ponygal
Hey everyone! I have a question for u about summer camp. I've been to this camp 3 times b4 and this summer will be my 4th time🙂 This year I am doing a different type of session and the packing list says I need a fleece sleeping bag. I wanna know if anybody has used one and if so then how much does it way? Is it worth getting one? Would it keep me warm enough during the night in June? Thanks for ur help🙂
FoofyCake
Advanced
FoofyCake
11 years, 1 month ago by FoofyCake
I never used one, but maybe you can search for reviews about it on the internet? 🙂
ponygal
Bracelet King
ponygal
I've looked at some reviews... Anybody else have anything to say??
Candyland
Professional
Candyland
11 years, 1 month ago by Candyland
A ordinary sleeping bag should work(I would bring along a blanket just in case it rains though)
grargh
Skiller
grargh
11 years, 1 month ago by grargh
Depends a great deal on where you're at, and the temperature fluctuation during the day... Coming from a boy scout in Alaska, one of the lightweight nylon sleeping bags you can pick up at WalMart for 20-30 bucks works just fine during most summers. Just not for winter. Your average fleece bag I've only seen used as an inner liner for a sleeping bag. That aside, if you're in Hawaii or somewhere equally warm in the evening, you can probably get away with a fleece liner.
ponygal
Bracelet King
ponygal
Ok thanks guys🙂 I got one at Walmart and btw I'm in southern illinois so usually it doesn't go down below 55-60 degrees at night during the summer. I appreciate ur help🙂
grargh
Skiller
grargh
11 years, 1 month ago by grargh
Ahhh, you should be fine then 🙂 As long as it doesn't get too overly windy/rainy... but that's what a tarp is for 😛
ponygal
Bracelet King
ponygal
Yup we always bring tarps anyways so it should turn out just fine🙂
Candyland
Professional
Candyland
11 years, 1 month ago by Candyland
Good Luck!🙂
ponygal
Bracelet King
ponygal
@Candyland thanks😄
LuckyJinks
Professional
LuckyJinks
10 years, 5 months ago by LuckyJinks
I usually just bring one of those "sleepover" sleeping bags. Although I'm pretty sure the packing list says NOT to bring one of those. It's worked for me, and I'm usually there for 6 weeks!
annemaly
Advanced
annemaly
4 years ago by annemaly
here in 2020 lol
awesome563
Bracelet King
awesome563
4 years ago by awesome563
If you don’t want to spend money on a new sleeping bag then you can always bring a fleece blanket or pick up some fleece fabric from the craft store if you don’t own a fleece blanket.
awesome563
Bracelet King
awesome563
4 years ago by awesome563
I went camping in March and it dipped down to 50 degrees (I live in Texas so I’m not used to that weather, I go outside in at least three layers in that weather). My fleece blanket and sleeping bag kept me warm enough.