Thoughts on Taxidermy
GenMalucci
Bracelet King
GenMalucci
3 years, 1 month ago by GenMalucci
Hey everyone,

In my family and friends there are some mixed feelings in Taxidermy, how do you feel about Taxidermy?
mstro23
Bracelet King
mstro23
3 years, 1 month ago by mstro23
I think it's really cool and if you do taxidermy I think you are very talented because if I were to try it it would fail right away 😂
loopAloop
Bracelet King
loopAloop
3 years, 1 month ago by loopAloop
I think they take lots of talent to make but it's just creepy like why use animal heads for decoration?
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 1 month ago by oceanknot
Personally, I don’t really think it’s right. Especially if you’re killing an animal for the purpose of taxidermy. If it’s already dead, then I feel like people should just leave it alone. Either way, I agree with @loopAloop, it is kind of creepy lol
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
3 years, 1 month ago by crafter83
I think that if there isn’t a practical reason for killing a animal( unless it’s a bug or mouse in my house, then I show no mercy) you shouldn’t hurt or kill animals
GenMalucci
Bracelet King
GenMalucci
Alright, to add onto this, what if the animal lived in say... a zoo. And it lived a happy wonderful long life, and when it died the zoo gave it to a taxidermist. Is that okay?
Rune
Professional
Rune
3 years, 1 month ago by Rune
the idea of taxidermy is to preserve an already dead animal, most dont kill just to hang it on their wall. most people who DO taxidermy get clients who want to preserve their pet or someone that was close to them. these people dont purposefully kill animals JUST to have them as decoration, its usually something very important to them.
Rune
Professional
Rune
3 years, 1 month ago by Rune
i think taxidermy is amazing and the people who do it are very talented
GenMalucci
Bracelet King
GenMalucci
@Rune I totally agree, I wanted my cat to go to a taxidermist when she passed away, sadly it wasn’t an option, but I think along the same lines, taxidermy is an amazing art, and quite beautiful if done well
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 1 month ago by nev_m_07
I think it’s kind of creepy ngl
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
3 years, 1 month ago by Elise64
if they are killing an animal just for taxidermy, I don’t think it’s right. I eat animal meat, and I want to try to eat less meat but it would make it a lot more ok if the animals were just treated better at farms. They are given no anesthetics when they are killed, they hardly get to live with their mothers, and they live in terrible conditions. But if a person kills an animal just to hang on the wall or something, it’s not right. You can wait for an animal to die before you can make something out of it. Some people do need to eat meat to survive, but you don’t need to have an item that was made from an animal to survive. But if the animal was already dead, then I say that it’s ok, although I don’t think I would get anything that was stuffed
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
Also the reason I brought up eating meat was to say how it’s a little different than taxidermy (when the animal is killed, not when it dies of natural causes)
lucass_
Bracelet King
lucass_
3 years, 1 month ago by lucass_
it’s a funny word
crafter83
Bracelet King
crafter83
3 years, 1 month ago by crafter83
If it’s already dead I have no problem with it
SusuKnots
Bracelet King
SusuKnots
3 years, 1 month ago by SusuKnots
I think if you kill an animal just to stuff it then that's just not right, but if an animal died of natural causes (or a pet had to be put down or something) then it's fine but I also think it's a little creepy no offense...
novaphina
Bracelet King
novaphina
3 years, 1 month ago by novaphina
Taxidermy for the purpose of science is alright... And taxidermy fails are just hilarious. Google "malocclusion groundhog" and go to images. You won't be disappointed.
Elise64
Bracelet King
Elise64
@novaphina oml I just looked it up 😂