overprotective parents?
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
3 years, 7 months ago by Hazel23
Idk about you but my parents won’t let me watch mild things. I’m a teen who can barely watch pg-13 movies alone. Depending on the movie. I can’t watch any shows my friends like. I’m pretty much kept to all the kid shows most the time. I can only watch stuff for my age group with adult supervision. Again depending on the stuff. Anyone else?
XxpeachyxX
Bracelet King
XxpeachyxX
3 years, 7 months ago by XxpeachyxX
Lol I can only watch kid shows on Netflix, but there’s nothin to watch anyways. I also don’t even have a phone, so that’s real fun 😑
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
@XxpeachyxX my parents read all my texts. Sometimes it could be better without one😔 i get you
amazingme
Bracelet King
amazingme
3 years, 7 months ago by amazingme
That's not that bad. My parents check my email, and I'm still only allowed to watch SOME of the kids movies on Netflix. I've never seen a Disney movie before, I had to watch them in class. I'm also not allowed to go anywhere without my parents and have nobody to text on my phone. My friends have to meet my parents and I'm not allowed to be friends with the opposite gender (the friends rule is the one that I've broken the most.)
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
@amazingme dang your parents are strict, I had no idea your parents won’t let you be friends with guys. That’s really overprotective sorry
amazingme
Bracelet King
amazingme
3 years, 7 months ago by amazingme
@Hazel23 not just guys, but people who are members of the LGBTQ+ community as well or those who have boyfriends or girlfriends. I don't generally confide in them about my friends anymore because of this.
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
@amazingme omg that’s awful. Most people start dating really young now. I hope you can have lots of friends.
Bracefacer
Bracelet King
Bracefacer
3 years, 7 months ago by Bracefacer
Now that I’m in middle school my parents have started to loosen up so now I can watch certain pg-13 movie and shows but I can’t have a phone number
Bracefacer
Bracelet King
Bracefacer
3 years, 7 months ago by Bracefacer
Or text or have any other social media or have a phone or stay up past 9:00 or have anyone over because of Covid.
donuts98
Bracelet King
donuts98
3 years, 7 months ago by donuts98
My parents are super overprotective too. I don’t have a phone so my dad made me an email but the email goes to his phone so I can’t really use it. He also made me a profile on his computer but everything is blocked except a math website, so it’s pretty useless. 😂 And even though I’m almost 13 they won’t let me stay home alone while they go pick up my sister from school that’s like 5 minutes away.
BrookeM124
Bracelet King
BrookeM124
3 years, 7 months ago by BrookeM124
My mom reads all my texts, but I just delete the ones I don’t want her to see😏
_bracelet1
Bracelet King
_bracelet1
3 years, 7 months ago by _bracelet1
YES I CANT DO ANYTHINH WITHKUT MY PARENTS MONITORING IT IS SO ANNOYING OMG
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
@BrookeM124 I got grounded for a long time when they found out that I deleted texts😔
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
@Bracefacer oh oof that stinks
Hazel23
Bracelet King
Hazel23
@donuts98 wow that’s uh. I’m truly sorry about that
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 7 months ago by 2006_Mandy
I have barely any privacy so I’m super secretive. My father is overprotective about money oh and sleep. no one understands my struggles in life because I’m so insecure due to my parents. I’m constantly lying and making up excuses, most of the time experiencing pain, constantly hearing ringing in the ears, practically failing high school, having sleeping problems. Don’t you ever wish parents would actually care about your problems instead of completely disregarding your trust? Life would be soooo much better for me if I could actually trust my parents. And I mean it’s why I make bracelets so much it covers up my problems and makes me happy. Reading this forum though really helps me see I’m not the only person with overprotective parents.
BrookeM124
Bracelet King
BrookeM124
3 years, 7 months ago by BrookeM124
@Hazel23 How did they find out?
nev_m_07
Bracelet King
nev_m_07
3 years, 7 months ago by nev_m_07
I’m not allowed to have social media. I can’t have youtube or google on my phone either. Also, my parents made it so I’m on kids netflix which is really annoying because whenever people at school talk about shows, I have no idea what they’re talking about and I feel really left out. I’m not allowed to leave the house by myself (unless it’s to walk the dog or check the mail). And if I’m riding my bike, I can’t go past my street unless my brother AND my neighborhood friend is there. I’m also not allowed to text or call people past 7:30. Oh, and did I mention that my parents put screen time limits on half the apps on my phone so that I can’t use it after 7:30? Speaking of apps, I have to literally request an app, and half the time they say no, even if it’s just a game or something for productivity. I also have to ask them if I can buy something, even if it’s with my own money. Literally everything you can think of, there’s some kind of restriction or monitor on it. Soo annoying! I’m turning 14 in a few months and I’m really hoping that they’ll stop treating me like a little kid soon. Not saying that I’m trying to act all grown up or whatever, but it’s so embarrassing to have to tell someone that you don’t have instagram or youtube or adult netflix or that you have screen time. The constant “Wait really??? Omg I feel so bad for you! Your parents are so strict!!” make these feelings even worse. And any time I ask them to take away some of these restrictions, they just laugh and say “Maybe once you graduate high school”. I used to think they were joking, but now, I’m not so sure....
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 7 months ago by 2006_Mandy
@nev_m_07 I guess parents just don’t know what it’s like to be embarrassed like that. I truly hope your parents do start treating you for the age you are.
loopAloop
Bracelet King
loopAloop
3 years, 7 months ago by loopAloop
ok, I thought my parents were strict! But let's talk fashion I am not allowed to wear anything shorter than my knee, I am not allowed to wear anything that shows my bra straps (so nothing shorter than an inch long) which is not fun bc we go to church and we have to wear dresses so I can't wear cute dresses basically! and my mom hates bralette so I can't wear them either! I can only wear heels under one inch and I can't have a pointy toe. I am allowed to buy things with my money but my mom hast to "approve it" which just means I can't buy stuff. Also, I don't have a phone and I probably am not going to get one anytime soon!