what are the easiest normal patterns to start off with as a ' beginner ' ?
redrum_
Bracelet King
redrum_
3 years, 5 months ago by redrum_
i think this is the right place to ask ? so i've only made alphas bc their obviously fun and easy, normal patterns are so hard for me especially starting them off. i've only made a chevron, vertical wave, greek wave, triangle shaped bracelet's and i think thats it? probably. so can y'all recommend me some pattern #'s that are easy pls, and also some tips to start off the bracelet and avoiding holes because when i made a greek wave bracelet it had so many holes even tho i was making my knots pretty tight
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 5 months ago by 2006_Mandy
if normal patterns are hard you won't be good at alphas yet so start off with the most basic bracelet the chinese staircase then the candystripe, chevron, flip flop, zipper bracelet and so on once you can do those patterns any bracelet should be easy to make
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 5 months ago by oceanknot
That’s really interesting that you started off with alphas before normals, but I would recommend #117, #47749, #6571, #5332. I’m not sure if you do segment knotting or if you do row by row when you make normal patterns, but segment knotting is a lot easier for beginner patterns. I would also recommend watching videos instead of following patterns. Kinsey B and Masha Knots are my favorites, but you can just search beginner friendship bracelet tutorials on YouTube and a ton should come up.
redrum_
Bracelet King
redrum_
@oceanknot is it? i just find them the easiest lolz, but thank you for recommending me some patterns i'll definitely check them out! and i have not tried segment knotting yet, im too scared bc it looks confusing to me LOL but hopefully i can master it. thank you (:
oceanknot
Bracelet King
oceanknot
3 years, 5 months ago by oceanknot
I don’t even know how to segment knot from a pattern. I just watch YouTube videos and memorize the segments 😂 . Your alphas are really good, people just usually start with normals.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 5 months ago by 2006_Mandy
your alphas look amazing!!!!!! You will do well at making normals eventually considering how good your knots are.
redrum_
Bracelet King
redrum_
@2006_Mandy tysm ! it means a lot 💙& hopefully (: