I have wounds from making bracelets
itisme
Bracelet King
itisme
3 years, 10 months ago by itisme
I have made soo much braclets that on my right and on my left finger I have a wound it is bleeding. It did reaaaly hurt for a time but I wanna keep doing bracelets 😭Do you have also wounds
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
Thankfully no but that must hurt. I pinch when I am pulling and can’t really cut myself the way I make bracelets.
Moosey
Bracelet King
Moosey
3 years, 10 months ago by Moosey
When I first got back into making bracelets and I would do it like at least 8 hours a day (not kidding lol) I had this super bad blister on my finger from pulling too hard. When it was blistered I couldn't even bend my finger all the way. Thankfully it's gone and now I just have a super tough and calloused left index finger haha.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 10 months ago by 2006_Mandy
@Moosey 8 hours is a lot but I manage to take that time to another level I probably do craft for at least 48 hours a week
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
I used to get cuts like that because I would hold the string in a way that made it end up in the little crack in my skin between the second to last and last sections of my index finger (hopefully that made sense lol). But now I make it so that the string ends up just somewhere along the last section of my index finger
mlh49529
Bracelet King
mlh49529
3 years, 10 months ago by mlh49529
Try to just put a band aid over it and when it heals the skin will grow back thicker. If you keep cutting yourself, try to knot slower so the friction isn’t as bad 😊
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
3 years, 10 months ago by chkntaters
I have indents on my left pinky and right ring finger from the string lol
amazingme
Bracelet King
amazingme
3 years, 10 months ago by amazingme
I don't have cuts, but since I started make bracelets when I was around 9, My fingers sorta grew awkwardly and the tips are slightly crooked and bony. My friend gets cuts though, so she made this grip/ protection the she puts on her finger whenever she knots
itisme
Bracelet King
itisme
3 years, 10 months ago by itisme
Wow a lot more people have the same problem
yaytoast29
Bracelet King
yaytoast29
3 years, 10 months ago by yaytoast29
Maybe take a break every few days if you need. You could also try a bandaid but for me the texture feels weird lol 😂. Also don’t tie your knots too tight that it hurts your fingers that much!
LeslieG
Bracelet King
LeslieG
3 years, 10 months ago by LeslieG
What a dangerous hobby this is 😅
beaumont
beaumont
3 years, 10 months ago by beaumont
when that happens to me i put a bandaid over it and some atheltic tape so then it does not hurt at all when i go back and make the bracelet
dariela01
Professional
dariela01
3 years, 10 months ago by dariela01
I recommend having band aid on your fingers. It works!!!!
Rg_Knots
Bracelet King
Rg_Knots
3 years, 10 months ago by Rg_Knots
I have never gotten cuts but, I have gotten red and indented fingers from knotting. 🙁
AkreylaG
Bracelet King
AkreylaG
3 years, 10 months ago by AkreylaG
I have small cuts like paper cuts on the inside of my left third and fourth fingers and it really hurts sometimes and I've also got lots of skin flaking off but what I do is I just leave off knotting a day and go do something else and it's usually pretty well healed by the next time I want to knot
LaylaH101
Bracelet King
LaylaH101
3 years, 10 months ago by LaylaH101
my skin peels on my forefinger like crazy when i knot lol 😂
ShruthiMan
Bracelet King
ShruthiMan
3 years, 10 months ago by ShruthiMan
@itisme damn, yes. Not to that extent cause I always took a break before it got that bad. (which by the way is probably the best thing to do, give yourself time to heal!)
The way I got around it was to put bandaids on my fingers to cushion them, worked until the skin just naturally became thicker. Still peels a bit though, but no pain really.
Oh and keep moisturizing your hands, esp at night so they dont become really tough or dry!
sgouru
Bracelet King
sgouru
3 years, 10 months ago by sgouru
haha this happened to me as well! try putting bandaid where the string rubs against your skin because I noticed I always do it the same way and after putting something else in between it felt a lot better.
catrin
Skiller
catrin
3 years, 10 months ago by catrin
When I first started I got a cut on my finger but I learnt to adjust the way I held the thread so that didn’t happen again! I found if I put a plaster on it I could carry on xx
_haileyom_
Bracelet King
_haileyom_
3 years, 10 months ago by _haileyom_
Mine don’t bleed but I get callouses on my fingers when I knot too long. When it gets to bad I put bandaids where the strings rub so it doesn’t do that