please help!
sillpickle
Bracelet King
sillpickle
4ย years ago by sillpickle
I'm making an alpha, and wasn't paying attention when cutting string. I accidentally cut my base strings while in the middle of my bracelet. is there any way to add more string to lengthen existing base strings???
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4ย years ago by Someone_
You can do it, but it only usually works with one or two base strings, so I'm not sure whether the result you will have will be a stable one... But you could try it nonetheless.
All you do is tape new strings down behind the bracelet and make each of your knots over both the old base strings, and the string you just added. You'll have to do a few rows of this, at least 5. You can then fold the old/short base strings behind the bracelet, and continue knotting over the strings you just added. At the end you can cut the tails off at the back.
Again, not sure how well this would work in your case. But its worth a try if you were half-way through your bracelet.
I'd love to know if it worked for you if you try this out, so please let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck!
tyson
Skiller
tyson
4ย years ago by tyson
Hi my friend wants me to make her a solid color purple friendshipbracelet my question is can i use one string for tying the knots and can for the other strings can i use 5 strings.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4ย years ago by halokiwi
@tyson yes, that would be one possibility of making a bracelet in just one colour.
tyson
Skiller
tyson
4ย years ago by tyson
ok thanks
๐Ÿ˜„