Too Many To Do
ljpierce
Skiller
ljpierce
4 years, 1 month ago by ljpierce
I have so many to dos that I want to do so badly. How do I decide which one to do?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 1 month ago by halokiwi
I looked at your to-dos and I really like pattern #8873. It's easy to make and I think it's super pretty. I'm currently also making that pattern.
ljpierce
Skiller
ljpierce
4 years, 1 month ago by ljpierce
Okay. Thanks.
Knot_Gal22
Advanced
Knot_Gal22
4 years, 1 month ago by Knot_Gal22
I recommend making the simpler bracelets first it helps you practice and you slowly get faster
SunCrafts
Professional
SunCrafts
4 years, 1 month ago by SunCrafts
Scroll down your to dos and then wherever your finger lands, make that bracelet. Or you could have more than one bracelet on the go so you can switch In between patterns!
forsure
Professional
forsure
4 years, 1 month ago by forsure
I understand because I have soooo many! What I usually do is just start at the bottom and work my way up, unless there are some that I really really like more than the others
Haka_yt
Bracelet King
Haka_yt
4 years, 1 month ago by Haka_yt
Put them all on like a random spinner and whichever one it lands on do!!
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years, 1 month ago by unicorns14
U could just do top to bottom
So_Knotty
Bracelet King
So_Knotty
4 years, 1 month ago by So_Knotty
Eliminate notate the ones you don’t like or won’t get done by getting rid of ones that are too big or too small, have to many or too few colors, you don’t like the design of anymore, or if you don’t like making Alphas remove them and if you don’t like making Normal Patterns remove them that helps limit to the ones you want so you feel less overwhelmed
tizi_knots
Professional
tizi_knots
4 years, 1 month ago by tizi_knots
Only scroll the page of your to dos and eliminate the ones that you don't like. Then search for one you like so much and you have the strings and the colors to do it. 😊
Paige_E
Bracelet King
Paige_E
4 years, 1 month ago by Paige_E
If you feel like you want to do a certain pattern type you can filter your to-do's to only show up certain patterns. Then you can scroll through them until you see a pattern that you like. I've been making a lot of 20+ string normal patterns so I've filtered normal patterns and 20+ strings.
oddgymnast
Bracelet King
oddgymnast
4 years ago by oddgymnast
So start with do you want to do an alpha or a normal? Don’t look at the patterns until your done putting on filters, then sort through how many strings, after that I either suggest doing by how many stars, or pick one that doesn’t have any photos so you can have the first photo and maybe help someone out who only make bracelets based on if it has a photo attached (like me)
mmalone
Bracelet King
mmalone
4 years ago by mmalone
i like to use a number generator (found by searching it on google) or i’ll ask my friend to pick a number between 1 and however many bracelets are in my to dos and that’s the one i’ll do 🙂
Katie_H42
Bracelet King
Katie_H42
4 years ago by Katie_H42
Maybe you could make a challenge for yourself to just start on the first page and work backwards? That's what I want to do 😂
bluedog123
Bracelet King
bluedog123
3 years, 11 months ago by bluedog123
You could chose colors first or amount of colors and then narrow down your options from there. Like this: if you chose 5 colors then only look at patterns with 5 colors and then look and see how the colors work together (would they make a nice gradient, contrast, rainbow, etc)
mackenzie_
Bracelet King
mackenzie_
3 years, 11 months ago by mackenzie_
some people mentioned the same sort of idea but I like to think about everything that I want and have. So, do I have lots of time to make something? yes, make a big one, no, make a small one. Do I have a certain color combo that I really like. yes, find a bracelet with the same number of colors, no, that's ok too. Do I want to wear this or just make it for fun. Do I want to challenge myself or work on a certain skill. Should I do a pattern without photos? Or should I check out some photos. Do i want to make an alpha or a normal one? Do I want to make a small alpha or big?
To summarize, i put too much thought into making bracelets 😂
But I'd suggest asking yourself some of these questions and applying filters to your to dos. Sometimes I find that if I can't decide what I want then I don't really like any of them enough so I'll look for some on the trending page, apply filters on the search, or do a challenge (which I'm still pretty new at)
Personally I like to make bracelets that have some sort of secret meaning that only I or a certain group of people know. Currently I'm wearing a bracelet inspired by the movie Call Me By Your Name. So only people who have watched that movies know what it means. you could also do something like that.
erincostaa
Bracelet King
erincostaa
3 years, 11 months ago by erincostaa
what i do is i will scroll through my todos every once in a while and look at them and for each one i'll kinda ask myself if i actually see myself making that bracelet so then once i get rid of the once i'm probably not gonna make i'm just left with the ones i really want to make! 🙂
arf820
arf820
3 years, 11 months ago by arf820
i have so many todos sometimes i just can’t decide. so i took this idea from a recent challenge that somebody made where you write pattern numbers on tiny slips of pattern, put them in a plastic bag, and draw a pattern out of the bag. to give me some sort of choice, i draw 5 patterns from the bag and choose from there. so far i’m very happy with the patterns i have chosen. i love soooo many patterns on my todo list!!
arf820
arf820
3 years, 11 months ago by arf820
*tiny slips of paper, sorry for the typo!