why do my bracelets keep coming out of my tape??
pandas21
Bracelet King
pandas21
4 years, 5 months ago by pandas21
I keep using multiple pieces of tape but my bracelets keep slipping out! Any tips?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 5 months ago by halokiwi
With tape it's always a bit difficult. So if you want to continue using tape you could either use more tape or try to pull less strong. If you are open to try something else I recommend a clipboard or a safety pin. I recently switched from tape to clipboard and it's working very well for me. You can also tie your bracelet to something if you have lots of string that you don't use in the beginning.
pandas21
Bracelet King
pandas21
Thanks!!
pandas21
Bracelet King
pandas21
How would I use the safety pin @halokiwi
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 5 months ago by halokiwi
@pandas21 you would fixate the bracelet with the safety pin for example on your pants or on a pillow or something else so it stays in place.
pandas21
Bracelet King
pandas21
Thanks!!
pinfriends
Bracelet King
pinfriends
4 years, 5 months ago by pinfriends
It depends on which tape you use, I use painters or duct tape!
altopride
Bracelet King
altopride
4 years, 5 months ago by altopride
I have always used duct tape! It is affordable and durable. I like that I can use a piece for usually a whole bracelet as well. It is sticky, but does not leave residue on the bracelet either!
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 5 months ago by Margaron
I’ve found that some tape just doesn’t hold the string very well. Also putting a piece down sticky side up, laying your string on it and sandwiching them with another piece keeps them much more secure.
pandas21
Bracelet King
pandas21
Thanks @altopride @Margaron I will try your ideas!!
ariellaaaa
Bracelet King
ariellaaaa
4 years, 5 months ago by ariellaaaa
I definitely recommend a clipboard!! But if you’re on the go then a safety will work
ameliapb
Bracelet King
ameliapb
4 years, 3 months ago by ameliapb
This only works it you are using a loop but what i do is take a piece of tape and cut it in half length wise. Put the tape through the loop and then stick it down. This way if you pull on the bracelet it cant move down because the tape is there. Then I like to add a couple pieces of tape on top of the loop to make it more secure. Its hard to explain but I really hope you understood that and it helps.
Toriduarte
Bracelet King
Toriduarte
4 years, 3 months ago by Toriduarte
@pandas21 I like to use a binder clip on the opposite side of a clipboard it stays in very well and I’ve been using that for a year or so
carolinet
Bracelet King
carolinet
4 years, 3 months ago by carolinet
try using duck tape. it's a lot stronger than most tapes. if that doesn't work definitely try a clipboard
javret
Skiller
javret
4 years, 3 months ago by javret
I used a fairly large piece of (currently Mustache) duct tape. If it keeps coming undone i just slap more on. I use maybe two inches per alpha bracelet.
daisyellen
Professional
daisyellen
4 years, 2 months ago by daisyellen
mine do too! i use a clipboard instead <3