I tie the strings so tight they cut into my fingers
biancak
Advanced
biancak
4 years, 9 months ago by biancak
I tie my strings really tight because I like the look of it but it cuts into my fingers- I know I found just make like looser knots but I really like the look of the tight stitching. Any advice for the nice and tight look without damaged fingers?
biancak
Advanced
biancak
*could
hjowens
Skiller
hjowens
4 years, 9 months ago by hjowens
You could put on a band aid in the place where they cut to avoid further cutting, or buy a thimble if a thimble would cover the area.
biancak
Advanced
biancak
@hjowens thats a really good idea I’m gonna try that !
ravenclaw7
Professional
ravenclaw7
4 years, 8 months ago by ravenclaw7
That happens to me, too. I usually tighten the knots with my nails, though. You could try, but sometimes it breaks my nails, so I recommend not doing it too much. I also put duct tape on my hand.
Cirivere
Bracelet King
Cirivere
4 years, 6 months ago by Cirivere
Use thicker strands? I prefer crocheting yarn over embroidery yarn because it's still pretty thin but more cohesive than the embroidery yarn so you can get pretty even knots despite it being thicker
Cirivere
Bracelet King
Cirivere
4 years, 6 months ago by Cirivere
Use thicker strands? I prefer crocheting yarn over embroidery yarn because it's still pretty thin but more cohesive than the embroidery yarn so you can get pretty even knots despite it being thicker
uwucorgi
Bracelet King
uwucorgi
4 years, 6 months ago by uwucorgi
Lmao i cant help you, I have a hard bit of skin on my finger where I tighten my knots (I used to get cuts in my skin as well) so um idk?? Sorry lmao
muirb_xxx
Bracelet King
muirb_xxx
4 years, 5 months ago by muirb_xxx
I’m the same, I wrap it the string around my 3 fingers and pull up to knot, the tension from my 3 fingers makes it tighter and it doesn’t cut into any of my fingers, but with using 1 finger all the tension is pulling on 1 finger and is going to damage it x
pandas21
Bracelet King
pandas21
4 years, 4 months ago by pandas21
I just tie the knot looser then tighten it with my fingernails
sillpickle
Bracelet King
sillpickle
4 years, 3 months ago by sillpickle
This happens to me!! My ring finger gets super sore and almost a rope type burn on it from pulling thread.
ameliapb
Bracelet King
ameliapb
4 years, 3 months ago by ameliapb
It happens to me too. I usually just wear a band aid in that spot while tying
daisyellen
Professional
daisyellen
4 years, 1 month ago by daisyellen
omg sameee i just put on plasters/band aids
lexinicole
Professional
lexinicole
4 years, 1 month ago by lexinicole
this happens sometimes to me when I'm working on big projects. I just put a band aid on my finger haha
Fluffball
Bracelet King
Fluffball
4 years, 1 month ago by Fluffball
oh same. except i do my knots in a weird way where it's the bend in my pinky that gets cut up. i like the look of it too lol 😄
cgrace270
Professional
cgrace270
4 years, 1 month ago by cgrace270
I also do this. Band aids really help! Sometimes you’re pulling to tight though, so be aware!
Knot_Gal22
Advanced
Knot_Gal22
4 years, 1 month ago by Knot_Gal22
Try to push them up more so they look really tight but they’re somewhere in the middle
paigec2103
Skiller
paigec2103
4 years ago by paigec2103
This happens to me too, I like to use medical tape or bandaids when I'm knotting and put lotion on the spots where the skin gets rough